Thread: Calendar

Calendar

I want a calendar in an app that im making, not sure how to go about it, any built in features ect..

Depends how much and what you need to see..

there is of course tcalendar

which you could use with a listbox to make a very effective diary style planner or whatever.. Or you could write one
    Delphi !ROCKS!
    Got a question? Read this first!!!
    "You gotta help us, Doc. We've tried nothin' and we're all out of ideas"

I wrote my own calendar application for my programming exam. Inspired by the way iCal on my MacBook looks, I wrote the application from scratch with just the basic time and date availability in Delphi. It took quite a while to figure out how everything needed to work, but in the end I got it right, and I had a quite cool looking application with great note-taking functionality (using typed files, which is extremely easy to work with once you get the hang of it) and very easy-to-navigate user-interface. Well, that's what my teacher said at least.

Like Liz says, there's always the TCalendar thingie. I have no idea how to use it, but if you need some help getting started on writing it all from scratch, I might be able to give a few hints.

I included a screenshot so you can see my layout and see if that's the sort of calendar you're looking for.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DuckiesCalendar.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	61051  
    Signature.

I wrote a year planner a while back.. wasnt hard to do as I recall

Mmm cookies (anyway, how did you know I scoffed a bunch for lunch?)

Most coding problems come from not having made decisions on exactly what you wanted before you started, if you dont think it out on paper it can be hard to code it as its sometimes harder once youve started to make some change without getting disheartened or making a botch job.

Duckies pic looks good! Thanks for sharing that

Maybe I sense next weeks weekly challenge :P
    Delphi !ROCKS!
    Got a question? Read this first!!!
    "You gotta help us, Doc. We've tried nothin' and we're all out of ideas"

Thanks guy got a good starting point now, no doubt ill get a little stuck along the way tho.

It was easier that i thought, done the basics, can now add events to dates which are store in a file and shown in the memo box.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	schedule.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	61052