Thread: Another RPG

Another RPG

Well. I'm very bored right now and Liz was unable to answer my question so I started to make a Console-Based RPG game. I will finish it very soon because console based stuff is kinda easy. At specially when you are building a game in it. Well, I'm sure that it will be kinda crapy like all other console games but as soon I will finish it I will put it here and of course I will share the source code of it.

So stay tuned, another project will be here soon...

Excuse me, Im NOT unable to Im refusing to because you havent even bothered trying.. You wanna sling accusations around.. I did answer your question in a heres a hint manner, the fact is you havent tried.
    Delphi !ROCKS!
    Got a question? Read this first!!!
    "You gotta help us, Doc. We've tried nothin' and we're all out of ideas"

Hi Intelext,

Just a quick point here in relation to 'Liz was unable to answer my question' the fact of the matter is that Liz as we all know (or at least those of us who bother to read posts here) does not give you the answer, she will give you a hint such that not being able to find the solution for your self could only be down to lack of effort.

Even when I am discussing code with Liz, and I consider her a good friend, I don't get a := TSomething.Create; type of answers. I personally give out more code than Liz as she is happy explaining ideas in English where as I work better in code.

I would be very wary of being so critical of someone who puts in that much effort, especially when you are PM'ing me and others for help.

I am afraid you riled me so much, I have adorned you with some negative rep, which i don't think i have done before.

Rant Over

Adam.

I could splurt code too, but, I tend to find that if you just give code (as we've seen from a few examples here in the past of people pasting some code in from places) the code isnt always understood, it just gets used, or tweaked without real understanding, and the problem just purpetuates. Hence the "thinking of asking a question" post, which asks people to show what they tried, first, because Im more than happy to help people spot the bugs in their code, but Im sure as eggs not writing their app for them!
    Delphi !ROCKS!

I could not agree more, however my code examples now adays tend to have something missing or something more to do, that way they have to understand it before they use it. Also I write without the help of the BDS most of the time, so there is no guarentee about my syntax.

Quote Originally Posted by reallyethical View Post
    Also I write without the help of the BDS most of the time, so there is no guarentee about my syntax.
    I like that.

Intelext: It will be interesting to see your RPG, when it's done. I'm a big fan of RPG's - not that I have time to play them these days.
    Guide to Learning Delphi - A list of resources and tips. If you have a question read this.
    Delphi Fusion Delphi Articles and Forum
    My Blog - Random Delphi related ramblings by a hobby programmer.
    Delphi Fusion Team - Join my SETI@home and ClimatePrediction.Net Team

You see what power is - holding someone else's fear in your hand and showing it to them!

Blue, you should have a go at the monthly challenge - you still have a few days
    Delphi !ROCKS!