Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool September challenge: Due Midnight Oct 1st GMT!

Your challenge.

Snakes and ladders
    ------------------

the grid should be at least 100 squares, involving snakes and ladders (for those who dont know you slide down snakes and climb up ladders)

You roll a dice, you move your marker, its generally designed for 2 or more people, but, for this game, you are to have the computer play as 1 person against you.

Winner is first to the highest number square you created.

You *MUST* animate the moving up a ladder and down the snake, even if its just showing the counter slowly travelling along it. Eg it cant just appear at the bottom for no reason.. You should also animate the moving of your counter, so if the counter moves forward 6 places, you see it hop onto each of the squares as it goes..

-- while Im away the first week, Im sure you can get on with the majority of it, I will answer questions on my return.
    Delphi !ROCKS!
    Got a question? Read this first!!!
    "You gotta help us, Doc. We've tried nothin' and we're all out of ideas"

I am in, and my pas file is up and running, well I opened a project saved it and closed BDS as I am a bit busy right now.

Okay, I'm definatly in. Last Challenge was soo much fun!

Just to make sure, because I've never heard of the game before, should it look anything like this? http://www.greathallgames.com/anosta...akesLaddCH.jpg

Yes Dragonclaw, that is correct, and well done I was impresed with your Minesweeper.

Thank you!

Well the logic of the game seems simple.... it is the hole grafic that concerns me....

what about the end of the game if I roll more than I need?
    I mean what happens if I'm standing on square 98 and roll a six? Do I simply win?
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

I guess it's your choice... or simply make it possibly to set it up both ways.

I also read rules, where you go again if you role a six, but I you role another six after that you have to go back to the start. So since Liz didn't specifically set up the game rules, you pretty much have a free choice.

For snakes and ladders you are supposed to roll the exact number to the finish square to win. So if you are on square 98 and 100 is the last one you must roll a two.

But, Liz hasn't set any specific rules so I'm sure you have free reign to make it as interesting as possible.
    Guide to Learning Delphi - A list of resources and tips. If you have a question read this.
    Delphi Fusion Delphi Articles and Forum
    My Blog - Random Delphi related ramblings by a hobby programmer.
    Delphi Fusion Team - Join my SETI@home and ClimatePrediction.Net Team

You see what power is - holding someone else's fear in your hand and showing it to them!

Yes you have free rain here, however I think you should make a help file to explain your rules, and yes the logic is amazingly simple.

Adam

How are people doing, I know that Liz was a little disappointed with the number of entries for the last challenge, however this one is much simpler. It is worth a try, and if you start on it soon, then you will have time to ask questions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast