Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by reallyethical View Post
    How are people doing, I know that Liz was a little disappointed with the number of entries for the last challenge, however this one is much simpler. It is worth a try, and if you start on it soon, then you will have time to ask questions.
    Being simpler is one of the reasons I am considering if I should take the time to enter for this one. The minesweeper challenge gave you a lot more to think about and I liked that.

The most difficult part at this is building the graphics, I suppose. But who knows, I should give this one a quick shot.

The minesweeper challenge was quite easy once you got to grips with the math, but there were many more options available to people than those they took, it could have been 2 player, network based, you could have added it your own flair, but the results were positive.

This one (Snakes and Ladders) again can be as easy or as difficult as you choose, for instance you could just have a TShape for the counters and use the Rect of a square to move your counter by 1px repainting on the way, or you could do some fancy graphic work, personally I am all function, I could not design a paper bag.

Also you can have the option of multiple players, other than 1 and the computer, have rules that alter based on user decisions, you could have a client server type application, or maybe you have the ability to save the game, and come back to it in the future, you may decide that you want to encrypt the config file to stop it being humanly readable.

I hope this gives you some ideas on what you can do with it, more than just making the basic application?

Anyway I don't want to rant.

So. Im back from my holiday.. my Emails been bouncing because something on hubbys computers went screwy..

What did I miss?
    Delphi !ROCKS!
    Got a question? Read this first!!!
    "You gotta help us, Doc. We've tried nothin' and we're all out of ideas"

You missed a lot! Take this, for instance, Delphi is haX0rz!

http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=156856

I bet you didn't know that.

hehe, believe me delphi is capable of almost anything you as a programmer can achieve, you just have to come to an agreement between you of how to achieve it. (I say almost, as I dont think it would be overly feasable to do things like write your own OS in it.. Although I think its possible, Im not sure its practical..)

As for the graphics for the game? go with simple if like me you are exceedingly artistically challenged.
    Delphi !ROCKS!

So, theres 11 days to go.. So far, no questions (still) and no entries..

Is this a dead duck?
    Delphi !ROCKS!

Not quite a dead duck, but its an easy one so I don't know why no-one has entered, I am in Liz, spent 10 mins on tonight and have done the basics

Adam

Well, Im hoping you wont get to win by default.. I am worried no ones asked, no ones submitted any draft ones...
    Delphi !ROCKS!

I think its time to kill this one... Why do we bother?

Im gonna let it run till the end, but, if I dont get at least 5 entries, I certainly wont bother with setting any more. So far all the challenges have realistically been no more than an hours worth, eg the time it would take to watch a vtm.. If people cant be bothered.. why should I?
    Delphi !ROCKS!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast