Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Flicks, Flicks, Flicks....

You need to learn to walk before you run!

1st of all, the with statement I know that's my fault, listen to Liz for now and make your own decision in the future when you are ready.

2nd your thinking is good, but you are going down a MAD route, of making your own class or component, this is not something you want to do, I understand why you have gone there, as this is what I thought initially, I would recommend that you look at 2 things.

TImage & T****

These 2 should lead you down the right path. Unfortunately, I have to make my own class, as I told Liz this was too difficult for you newbies, and she explained why it was not, so I have to go down the road I am trying to ensure you avoid.

Anyway hope this helps.

Adam
    Last edited by reallyethical; 08-21-2007 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Sorry had to remove one component name, as it was too much help, just paly

Yep, Adam has picked a rocky mountain to climb, but its well within his capacity to go that route. There is (as Adam and I discussed) a much smoother route, which isnt very steap at all, in fact, a sunday walk for the unfit. So it is a challenge everyone can take part in, but its also a challenge you can use to test yourself if you really wanted, by going a harder route.

Its very easy to over complicate things and lose sight of the goal the more you see and hear, and in someways thats the beauty of this challenge, there is a simple route, and then theres Adams rocky route, and more besides, and its the fact there are choices that make programming so much fun, Adam and I had a great conversation last night over his route. In fact, there are harder routes than Adam has chosen, very much so, but, if you stray into too many rocks, it will almost certainly cost you time, and effort far beyond any gain you may have found along the way.

The main thing to think of when picking a route is "Will I have to come this way again" if they arent going to be spending the next 10 years developing it as a product, then the reality check has to be if its a one off deal, spending weeks allowing for future eventualities.. is going to be wasted.. And the end user isnt going to care but even could complain if you thought too much and the app is slower than is desired because you've allowed for too which isnt going to come.

For most of you though, if you're struggling, there is almost ceratinly a better way
    Delphi !ROCKS!
    Got a question? Read this first!!!
    "You gotta help us, Doc. We've tried nothin' and we're all out of ideas"

Working on it, first draft is almost complete.

COOL, glad to hear
    Delphi !ROCKS!

Its just come to my attention that there is no on right click event for a button.. How can i overcome this?

Hmm

My TButton does........ Are you SURE your button doesnt?
    Delphi !ROCKS!

Yeah im sure, im using turbo delphi with the hotfix???

Okay here is a workaround. You will need to use the MouseUp or MouseDown Event of the Button. Then just check if the right or the left button was clicked.
    Code:
    if button = mbright then ShowMessage('RIGHTCLICK');
    if button = mbleft then ShowMessage('LEFTCLICK');

Thank you dragonclaw back on track now.

See, button has a mouse event
    Delphi !ROCKS!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast