"3dBuzz Mastering Unreal Technology Book" Problem

I bought the book 'Mastering Unreal Technology the Art of Level Design' and I started to work with the tutorials. But in the secound or third ine where it says to open the file called Chapter 3_tex.utx. When I try to open it from the CD I get an error message that says You cannot use content created in the commercial version of the UnrealEngine2 Runtime with the free version. Please remove the commercial version content from your Runtime.

I have bought Unreal Tournament 2004. The version includes Editors Choice and MagaBonus Pack.

I also bought the Unreal Anthology collection.

However, when I installed these, I dont see the Unrealed. How should I proceed to keep using my book with a version of the unrealed that is compatible.

Best Regards,
    Bcgardiner.

I haven't done this myself but I've seen a few people have had this problem previously.

Give this a read:
    http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showth...2+Runtime+free

Hope that helps

Hi toastage,
    Read that link. However, I have alrady bought unreal 2004 and the Anthology. After installing them, it appears that they dont come with the editor. So any other ideas from anybody.

All help appreciated,
    Regards,
    Bcgardiner.

try looking in the system folder of the anthology, normally its in there
    Last edited by Wahlberg; 08-11-2007 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
    try looking in the system folder of the anthology, normally its in there
    Other people have been posting this problem too. Seems the Anthology version doesn't drop a shortcut to the editor(s). Look for UT2004\System\UnrealEd.exe in whatever directory Anthology is stored in.

Yes, I found it. thanks very much guys. This is a relief.

Best Regards,
    Bcgardiner.