Thread: My Flee..

My Flee..

Hey, ive just recently found this site and have been watching some of the VTM's, i made the flee game with a few of my own touches. Looking foward to hearing your feedback. Its not the final version, need HUD grapics and few other bits too..

$eymour.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by $eymour; 07-04-2007 at 08:36 PM.

Nicely follows, except-

First: Background is bleached out, so Player seems to blend in, and hard to see.

Second: Last three digits of score are blurred too much, have timer with a longer interval.

Third: If notice, Buzz didn't have white every where, more color other than green would be nice.

Great game overall, as far as programming goes. If you didn't already do it, I would go look at the later VTMs, and add functions, instead of using timers the whole time, plus it adds more practice.

-Mason

Cheers for the feedback Bleda, I have yet to watch the later VTM's but am planning to, I know its to much white, ive havn't messed with graphics before hoping to get alot better tho as game design really interests me. As for what you said about about the blurred digits and players blending i did not find this problem on my pc so thank you for pointing it out i shall see how it runs on different spec pc and monitors.

$eymour

Why do you need a setup for a little simple game?

Because the way i coded it was to load the photo for C:/blah/.. not to load it from the folder with the .exe in so i just used a setup.

I think this is a good start, there are a few things I would do to tidy up.

1. Stop a player cheating by maximising the window.
    2. Put images in a dll, I think i did a full explanation here on how.
    3. keep a top 10, you have done most of the work already
    4. On clicking save, set the controls to enabled := False, and change the window.

But other than that its very strong.

Adam