Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Agents

I'm glad things are clearer now. Especially this ought to calm spirits:

Until we officially cancel any product (especially one has heavily touted as Agents), it is still considered to be in production.
    I have full confidence in the team. When they are ready, they will release it.

Quote Originally Posted by kostya92 View Post
    Where can i find information about AGENTS i want to know what it is?
    Quote Originally Posted by busbyj
    Sorry to disappoint you Goldfish, but high-end professional crowd simulation applications take serious time to develop. Depending on the complexity of the systems, it could take a team of developers years to put such an application together. Now, think about this: we are unable to shut 3D Buzz down for two to three years to develop such a program; the company would simply fold. So, it has to be worked on a little bit here, and a little bit there.

The goal behind this particular vtm series is to show the creation of a professional application - from start to finish. An application powerful enough that it could be sold to studios and integrated into existing pipelines.

Once the VTMs are complete, we'll be releasing a detailed writeup explaining the long development road for this application. Trust me, it's interesting.
    And if that doesn't cover it for you look up Massive Prime™.

While Agents probably won't go as far as Massive, it gives you a good idea of the direction.

thing2k

Wii Friendcode: 6478 2149 1540 7684

Quote Originally Posted by Adryan View Post
    I'm glad things are clearer now. Especially this ought to calm spirits:

I have full confidence in the team. When they are ready, they will release it.
    Full confidence in the team does not mean full confidence that the space time continuum will mold to the team’s will… I understand time is a problem, which may lead to delays. The best thing to do would be what BuZZ has been doing all this time – not post about it so hype stays low; which will put less pressure on the team to deliver an incomplete project.

I really don't see the need behind trying to insult MrGoldfish, he answered a question to the best of his knowledge.

"Less that Educated" and
    "The point is that ignorance spreads. Stop the cycle."

wtf is that about... A simple it's done when it's done would have been more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedfs View Post
    I really don't see the need behind trying to insult MrGoldfish, he answered a question to the best of his knowledge.

"Less that Educated" and
    "The point is that ignorance spreads. Stop the cycle."

wtf is that about... A simple it's done when it's done would have been more than enough.
    There were no offenses intended here, and so there's no reason to go on the defensive about it. Mr. Goldfish really did not know what he was talking about. I do not say that in a derogatory tone; simply as a matter of fact. He admitted as much, if you'll read through all of the posts.

And I am very serious when I say that ignorance spreads, and that people should make sure of what it is they're talking about when they decide to make release announcements for a corporation with which they have no professional affiliation whatsoever. Would you go onto Microsoft's site and say that if they were going to release Halo 3 that they would have done it already? Of course not. You don't know the situation, and you (probably) don't work for Microsoft or Bungie. Plus, even if you do, you're surely not authorized to make such a claim.

But that's not the problem at hand. Just as Mr. Goldfish can be such a longtime member of the site and still be unaware of Agents' current status, so too can other members, especially those who have not been with us for so long, and think that because Mr. G has in fact been with us all this time that he must know what he's talking about. What we do not need is for our members, especially those who have been so longstanding, to make uninformed posts that could be construed as official. In the time it took me to make the message you quoted above, I had already received a PM from one user asking if what Mr. Goldfish had to say was official, and expressing extreme disappointment that we had canceled Agents. And so both Buzz and I stepped in and corrected the issue. Simple.

From a business standpoint, you just don't let that kind of stuff fly. It hurts the company.

You're taking the term 'ignorant' as a directed insult. It is not. It is merely an adjective used to describe Mr. Goldfish's state when he wrote his initial post. He was, in fact, ignorant of the real situation, just as I myself am ignorant of what it is that has driven someone to try to provoke a new situation out of an already settled topic.

Zak

Okay, this is NOT the purpose of this thread. As I mentioned earlier, this matter has been settled. I will not have users jumping on each other like this. I do not want to have to close this thread, folks.

Not that I want to start anything(even tho this is my thread, this was not the intent of what it should be), please close it before things get out of hand. This thread does not seem to be going anywhere good and I have received the orignal infomation I want for this thread anyways and this thread now serve no other purpose from anymor eposts as all issues addressed in here are been resolved IMO.

There's no need to close this thread!!

The remainder of this post has been removed in what is likely to prove to be a vain attempt to preserve any sense of personal intelligence RBC might have left. Please don't make posts about drug use.
    "You have to be 10% smarter than the item you're trying to operate."

Quote Originally Posted by 3dspider View Post
    Trailer would be fun, really fun. Please give us fun
    'Please sir, id like some more.'
    Is it hidden in a BuzzTV live show?

/me goes searching
    Yes it was! I can't remember which episode it was, but at the moment it showed, we lost the video feed and just had audio with Buzz going look at that! Then the video came back but the teaser was all over. Heh. So we all watched it in our minds. We just didn't see it. Wish I remembered which episode that was! Fun times they were. Of course we were all joking about it showing during the video feed loss.
    For me, happiness is learning new things.

You can find the agents trailer on the net: search for 'zakonthetoilet'.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." ~Rich Cook

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast