Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Oooo another chance for me to pimp WOTgreal.

For UScript I recommend either Epic's official UDE
    UDE

or WOTgreal
    WOTgreal

UDE is free and has most of the features of WOTgreal. WOTgreal has a purchase option, or you can just leave it unregistered and live with the little nag screen that pops up when you start the app. For what it's worth, the price is very reasonable for the quality ($25usd for the standard).

Both are very simple to learn. It took most of us maybe an hour to transition from Context. Some of the really nifty features include:
    - Automatic write protection on all UT files
    - Package/class trees in editor (no more digging through browser folders)
    - The ability to follow a class up the tree by ctrl-clicking the name of the class it extends from
    - Bracket matching
    - If the package doesn't exist, either editor will create it for you along with the folder structure.
    - Editor automatically adds new packages to Edit Packages on first compile
    - Editor automatically deletes old .u's
    - No more messing with uccmake
    - The ability to specify a test map and launch it directly from the editor.

Yea. Use WOTgreal for a few hours and you'll be begging the guy to take your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrik
    Oooo another chance for me to pimp WOTgreal.

For UScript I recommend either Epic's official UDE
    UDE

or WOTgreal
    WOTgreal

UDE is free and has most of the features of WOTgreal. WOTgreal has a purchase option, or you can just leave it unregistered and live with the little nag screen that pops up when you start the app. For what it's worth, the price is very reasonable for the quality ($25usd for the standard).

Both are very simple to learn. It took most of us maybe an hour to transition from Context. Some of the really nifty features include:
    - Automatic write protection on all UT files
    - Package/class trees in editor (no more digging through browser folders)
    - The ability to follow a class up the tree by ctrl-clicking the name of the class it extends from
    - Bracket matching
    - If the package doesn't exist, either editor will create it for you along with the folder structure.
    - Editor automatically adds new packages to Edit Packages on first compile
    - Editor automatically deletes old .u's
    - No more messing with uccmake
    - The ability to specify a test map and launch it directly from the editor.

Yea. Use WOTgreal for a few hours and you'll be begging the guy to take your money.
    I'll take a look at both actully. Still just trying to get a handle on the code so that when i get around to it i an finally start doing what I've imagined. a few Tweek of game types and a combonation of existing game types.

Still I'll give these a look and even try em out. Thanks.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Games I play most | UT-2004 | RoboBlitz | Gears of War | Half-Life 2 |
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Got Zombie?. . .

so i followed the book correctly. i closed the brackets and all but i'm still getting an error.

it says when i compile:
    Analyzing...
    Parsing HelloWorld
    Compiling HelloWorld
    Importing Defaults for HelloWorld
    Error opening file

History: UObject::SavePackage <- UMakeCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error

Help will be very much appreciated

Here's the UCC.log file:
    Code:
    Log: Log file open, 07/25/07 11:54:15
    Init: Name subsystem initialized
    Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600)
    Init: Version: 3369 (128.29)
    Init: Compiled: Nov 23 2005 16:23:34
    Init: Command line: 
    Init: Character set: Unicode
    Init: Base directory: C:\UT2004\System\
    Init: Ini:UT2004.ini   UserIni:User.ini
    Init: Build label:  Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]
    Init: Object subsystem initialized
    Log: Executing Class Editor.MakeCommandlet
    Heading: ----------------------------Core - Release----------------------------
    Heading: ---------------------------Engine - Release---------------------------
    Heading: ----------------------------Fire - Release----------------------------
    Heading: ---------------------------Editor - Release---------------------------
    Heading: --------------------------UnrealEd - Release--------------------------
    Heading: ---------------------------IpDrv - Release----------------------------
    Heading: ----------------------------UWeb - Release----------------------------
    Heading: --------------------------GamePlay - Release--------------------------
    Heading: -------------------------UnrealGame - Release-------------------------
    Heading: --------------------------XGame_rc - Release--------------------------
    Heading: --------------------------XEffects - Release--------------------------
    Heading: ------------------------XWeapons_rc - Release-------------------------
    Heading: ------------------------XPickups_rc - Release-------------------------
    Heading: --------------------------XPickups - Release--------------------------
    Heading: ---------------------------XGame - Release----------------------------
    Heading: --------------------------XWeapons - Release--------------------------
    Heading: -------------------------XInterface - Release-------------------------
    Heading: ---------------------------XAdmin - Release---------------------------
    Heading: -------------------------XWebAdmin - Release--------------------------
    Heading: --------------------------Vehicles - Release--------------------------
    Heading: -------------------------BonusPack - Release--------------------------
    Heading: -----------------------SkaarjPack_rc - Release------------------------
    Heading: -------------------------SkaarjPack - Release-------------------------
    Heading: -------------------------UTClassic - Release--------------------------
    Heading: ------------------------UT2k4Assault - Release------------------------
    Heading: -------------------------Onslaught - Release--------------------------
    Heading: ---------------------------GUI2K4 - Release---------------------------
    Heading: ----------------------UT2k4AssaultFull - Release----------------------
    Heading: -----------------------OnslaughtFull - Release------------------------
    Heading: --------------------------xVoting - Release---------------------------
    Heading: ------------------------StreamlineFX - Release------------------------
    Heading: --------------------------UTV2004c - Release--------------------------
    Heading: --------------------------UTV2004s - Release--------------------------
    Heading: -------------------------HelloWorld - Release-------------------------
    Warning: Failed to load 'HelloWorld.u': Can't find file 'HelloWorld.u'
    Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find file 'HelloWorld.u'
    Log: Analyzing...
    Log: FactoryCreateText: Class with ClassFactoryUC (0 1 HelloWorld\Classes\HelloWorld.uc)
    Log: Class: HelloWorld extends Commandlet
    Log: Imported: Class HelloWorld.HelloWorld
    Log: Parsing HelloWorld
    Log: Compiling HelloWorld
    Log: Importing Defaults for HelloWorld
    Log: Success: Compiled 10 line(s), 3 statement(s).

Warning: Error deleting file '\System\Save.tmp' (0x3)
    Critical: Error opening file
    Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
    Critical: UObject::SavePackage
    Critical: UMakeCommandlet::Main
    Exit: Exiting.
    Log: FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 106 MByte 588 KByte 673 Bytes from HD took 3.102008 seconds (2.276015 reading, 0.825993 seeking).
    Log: FileManager: 0.902995 seconds spent with misc. duties
    Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
    Uninitialized: Log file closed, 07/25/07 11:54:35

Wooops!

Nvm...

When i read that "most of the programming will be done in the system directory" I thought that's where the packages are supposed to go... therefore I had my HelloWorld folder inside the system directory when it's supposed to go in the root directory.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12