load another page on page load

i need an answer fast here guys, its driving me crazy.

ive got a link to a page, and when that link is clicked and the page loads, i need to have it open another page in an iframe, without the user having to click a link.

its setup like this:
    the page is a table, it has 2 iframes:
    iframe 1: menu
    iframe 2: content

when a button is clicked in the menu in iframe 1, i need it to open a different menu page in iframe 1 and a main page in iframe 2 at the same time, if that makes sense.

please help me out here

I'm a bit rusty at frames and iframes, but you could use a meta refresh with target on the frame the page is to be opened in. Just do some google search for meta-refresh, and you'll probably learn more than I could tell you
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

first thing, it would prolly be best to name your frames within the code if you haven't already.

Code:
    <frame src="Whatever.html" name="thisFrame">
    then you cant target that frame from any link. once targetted you can change the source that will load into said targetted frame.

Code:
    <a href="newWhatever.html" target="thisFrame">The Link to Follow </a>

in this way, the newWhatever.html is loaded into the thisFrame (i.e. what ever frame you want to go to) via a link that says "The Link to Follow".

hope this is what you were lookin for. btw, css is like the awsome man. seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone3d
    I'm a bit rusty at frames and iframes, but you could use a meta refresh with target on the frame the page is to be opened in. Just do some google search for meta-refresh, and you'll probably learn more than I could tell you
    I think this is going to work best, i got it to load a page this way, but how do i set up the target? thanks

i currently have this:

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="1;URL=../content/po_main.htm target="content"/>
    which doesnt work, but may give you an idea as to what im getting at.

i think the meta tag is a global procedure. by putting a target tag in something deemed meta it prolly doesnt know what to do. dont you have each frame set up individually using a <frame src> tag? that is where you want to name the frame. the name = "content" should go withing the <frame src> tag on the frame you with to be named such. the hyperlink should be pointing to the new page to load with the target being "content" here is a look at one frame with one change through one link.

<frame src="old.htm" name="content"> ---- old page within frame

<a href="new.htm" target="content"> Clicky </a> ----- link to load new page

<frame src="new.htm" name="content"> ----- result of click

you name the frame so that it can be targetted easily
    you then use said name to target through the target attribute within your link, thats how the link knows where to load what into.

since this post stops short of a tutorial, i do hope it helped out.

yeah i know that and have done that, but i want it to be without the user having to click something, is that possible?

thanks

for that you may have to turn to javascript. use a timer of some sort and then set it to do what you want. you can check www.javaboutique.com for free apps and snippets.