Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well I recently got the Canon EOS 400D and think its fantastic. But remember if you're tempted by an SLR its not just the body. You will usually need a wide angle and telephoto lens at least. Then if you want a spare battery (canon uses its own battery type) that alone is another £50! You would probably want some lens filters as well, which when you first start off could set you back over £100 just for a basic set. Then you will need a good camera bag to carry all the equipment around.

Also SOME film lenses will work with digital SLRs, but the autofocus might not work as perhaps would any other advanced features such as image stabilisation.

So unless you are sure you will need all this it would be good to start with one of the creative compacts you have been talking about.

I don't really know enough about the Kodak, I'm a Canon fanboy and will always recommend any Canon! But you are doing the right thing. Keep reading reviews, and decide which camera is right for you.

I couldn't resist!!!

I didn't go the whole way to the 400D but I think this is going to do me nicely! £400 in Jessops. Wise words from bull dog, I only just read your post. Yes my next investment is going to be lenses but one thing at a time. Jessops' deal was probably just as cheap as ebay, so I had to go for it. I got the bag free, pus I can take up their cover plan (knowing me, I should) later if I want. It's just a shame I couldn't get the black model but that wasn't part of the offer. Now I'm off to play with my new toy and worry about my bank manager later.

Can ya guess what it is???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12