Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another site...

Quote Originally Posted by wozdac
    font
    VERDANA baby.

make it so.

the girls will want to sex you.

THIS I GUARANTEE.

oh and your video really wants some sort of vignette. a transition between the textual content and the vid that is to say.. and a better representative first frame..
    Last edited by aboveAverage; 02-13-2007 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aboveAverage
    VERDANA baby.

make it so.

the girls will want to sex you.

THIS I GUARANTEE.
    I would have sex with Verdana if I could interface.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

wow.. ok... obvioulsly this one isnt good enough...

The content is from their current site, it was just to show them their content on this layout... but... ill start again..

now you're just kicking him the nuts while he lies prone.

excellent work!

He knows

Hi there,

I feel as a currently employed member of the design community I can give you a few pointers on layout and design ... although i'm mainly doing banners at the moment so maybe you shouldn't listen to me.

The simple layout of a menu at the top and the floating website in the midddle is very nice .. although there only appears to be one nav button that causes the second level of navigation to appear at the moment. This also appears a little slowly and personally i think it is a bit excessive .. theres no need for this animation unless you plan on doing the whole top menu in flash.

NEVER use a gradient as blatent as that for the background. Gradients are frowned upon, especially one that's bright green and black. Give the background some texture get on the photoshop skills. Keep it light or dark not a blend between the two.

This site is a good example of a proper color scheme for you're site as well as having loads of other amazing sites on there.
    http://www.internettinyawards.com/

The quad bike logo is ok but really needs to be integrated into the design and color scheme more it looks pasted on and to anyone who knows you can tell it's just the trace bitmap effect in flash. You're better off doing a rough outline yourself than using this trace tool.

Use more pictures .. as a web designer it pains me to see those links underlined in a classic html style. Whip out some graphics package and make them look like proper buttons .. do keep it simple but make it clean.

Got to get back to some banners .. much fun

Wiplash
    "Perhaps a lunatic is just a minority of one" George Orwell
    http://www.thecommonage.co.uk

Thanks alot, as i have said before i am very new to this and usually only design things to my own tastes.

Its nice that you went into detail about how i could make improvements rather than just saying 'its crap' and helping to guide me to think of new ideas.

Also 3d_stephen, the validation at the bottom is for me. That wouldnt be there when it changes hands and im working on making it better.

Cheers

Ciggy

If you want it to be readable..

You should really remove the gradients along the sides - the saturation of the bottom part of the gradient and the big saturated green keypitts quads bar at the top are the places that are currently drawing attention

The users eye is thrown from the bottom left to the top middle to the bottom right, so concentrating on the text will be difficult and probably give people headaches if they try to read it!

Please do one of these:

1. Remove the gradient altogether and replace with a single colour

2. Rotate the gradients so they face sideways with the bright sides towards the middle so they draw attention TO the text instead of away from it

3. Significantly reduce the value & saturation of the bright green in the gradient

Any of these will make the site much better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123