Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another site...

Another site...

Ok, i have made a new site for a local activity center which is still a wip, but i have just started thinking that the design might not appeal to everyone, and might be a bit too bland, so before i continue id like to know your oppinion.

http://www.alanmonger.co.uk/keypitts

Best viewed in ie (for now..)

Cheers

Ciggy

Its a simple layout, so it should work for the majority of people. Yeah, its a little bland, but for the subject I dont think it needs to be anything fancy. Also, the little icon is Bender, so you my approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Krynn72
    Its a simple layout, so it should work for the majority of people. Yeah, its a little bland, but for the subject I dont think it needs to be anything fancy. Also, the little icon is Bender, so you my approval.
    Took me ages to work out what you meant, then when I closed it I noticed the image on the URL bar. I like the site, sometimes plain it better, it doesn't always have to be flashy stuff. My dad drilled into my head as part of his 'commandments' KISS (keep it simple stupid), sometimes it's much better to do the simple solution.

Cheers. Its good to know that people other than me like the minimalist design. Hopefully the client will feel the same way

Cheers

Ciggy

I don't like the design or layout. It is just way to simple. It looks like your layout is broke as well.

I had a feeling someone would say that...

Well im going to make a few designs, so the client can decide on what they like best. Ill post the other design when it is done.

how on earth do you manage to make a site thats best viewed in ie? damn you must have spent a hell of alot of extra work to accomplish that!
    chasing the girl of my dreams one nap at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by magic6435
    how on earth do you manage to make a site thats best viewed in ie? damn you must have spent a hell of alot of extra work to accomplish that!
    While I here what you say, you do have to look at the statistics of the mark share IE still has, last I knew (this was a year ago) it still had 75% of the market so that in itself is a reason to try and make it very compatible with IE. Now this part is more of an assumption (assume something and you'll make an 'ass out of u and me') but I'd say that the bulk of the people who'll access that site will be using IE and by bulk I'd say 95% to 99%. So while it is a lot of extra work it would seem sensible based on that. However in a perfect work the market share would be 75% firefox.

Clean, simple website. Not over-done like most.

Like others have said here, you may feel inclined to make it a bit more interesting.

I'd give the verticle line down the left-hand-side a little more white-space (room).
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knotty boy
    While I here what you say, you do have to look at the statistics of the mark share IE still has, last I knew (this was a year ago) it still had 75% of the market so that in itself is a reason to try and make it very compatible with IE. Now this part is more of an assumption (assume something and you'll make an 'ass out of u and me') but I'd say that the bulk of the people who'll access that site will be using IE and by bulk I'd say 95% to 99%. So while it is a lot of extra work it would seem sensible based on that. However in a perfect work the market share would be 75% firefox.
    i think you missed the point of meh post.
    i was commenting on how much extra work you must have done in order to make something view better in IE.
    chasing the girl of my dreams one nap at a time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast