Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another site...

Quote Originally Posted by magic6435
    i think you missed the point of meh post.
    i was commenting on how much extra work you must have done in order to make something view better in IE.
    I can see how that might appear, but what I was actually trying to articulate, although I might not of gone the right way about it. I was trying to say it would be worth it, as the bulk of internet users are IE users.

For one yes your design, as far as you can call that a design, is minimalistic. But if u think it's good then why not, I'll do mine and you do yours as long as the client likes it.

(Btw before I step on peoples toes, the reason why I don't call your web desing a "design" is because you just have a bunch of text next to a bunch of pictures. And for me a design is something "more". So with that said let's carry on...)

How did u made it so that it was best viewed in IE? What could go wrong? If u coded the font and urls in the right way then FF or IE or Opera should display it in just the same way, your not using any browser specific functions, for as far as I can see...

So what did you do?

I would just like to point out that building websites is buidling your resume. And your potential clients will want to see your resume. Now if you look at this site as say you did a good job and you think that it will help you get more clients. Then go for it. But if you look at your site and say hey, I see what that one person is talking about. Then you might want to go back and try again and see if you can push your skills even farther.

Hey,

I have completely changed the site, so it looks more interesting... its still being worked on, but just wanted to know if you thought it was going in the right direction.

Same url

www.alanmonger.co.uk/keypitts

(best in firefox)
    Last edited by haveacigar; 02-05-2007 at 01:48 PM.

I like the collapsible menus a lot, really nice little feature there. I just don't really like the colour scheme, while I can understand that you chose those. I can imagine thats just my personal preference though. I like slightly warmer colours. Also, what happened to bender:P.

Hey, updated again
    comments please

i sat there for 30 seconds with NO IDEA what it was about.. if it's trying to sell something then you have failed.

..and i'm only scratching the surface of what is wrong here.

the only positive thing i can say is there is good contrast and it is easy to read for all ages.

the simple layout is promising.. but it is not even close to being ready to show to a client.. well unless you want to get design blacklisted..

i know i'm being severe .. but it's warranted.. because this is about money. and a job.. maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by magic6435
    i think you missed the point of meh post.
    i was commenting on how much extra work you must have done
    umm for this is layout I HIGHLY doubt that was the case.
    basic things render pretty much identical between firefox and explorer.
    at least if you're using something like dreamweaver 4 and above..
    pls make sure to have some idea what you're talking about

it's not that big of a headache.. if you're trying to do something really specific and really meticulous.. then you're going to have to start brain wracking for a work around.

it's easier to make something like this render in ie actually it's all about the 'box model'
    Last edited by aboveAverage; 02-13-2007 at 08:17 PM.

The original one was much better. This one is completely different, and not it a good way. Colors arnt very pleasing, and the layout in general seems very amateurish.

like four consecutive paragraphs start with the same word..

i mean.. letsgetrealhere.

maybe i'll block something out for you if i have a chance cigaro.. but i say that a lot.

why on earth did you posterize that 4 wheeler?

@krynn

yeah the toxic green doesn't exactly scream family fun..

YOU WILL HAVE FUN THIS I COMMAND!
    OR IT IS INTO THE GOO!~

that is not to say i don't like the idea of a gradient bg.. but.. not.. that colour.. and maybe not that.. smooth of a transition..

*zee goggles do nothsing!*~#!4
    Last edited by aboveAverage; 02-13-2007 at 08:23 PM.

My $0.02

I'd change the font to something more readable.

Also, use green textures rather than saturated green blocks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast