Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Weapon modelling video tutorial?

I (think) I've posted this in the right place. I'm looking for the video tutorial mentioned on other sites, usually with this blurb:

"The Weapons video training magazine that teaches you how to model weapons for UT and UT2k3 in 3ds max as well as write the exporters and Unreal script is only 5 minutes away from release over at www.3dbuzz.com. This will be available for free download or sent to you anywhere in the world on CD completely free!!!"

Is it the first one listed in the unreal downloads section? If so great, I just wanted to know if theres another one thAT I havent seen.

I didnt even realise the video tutorials where available for download until today. This place is amazing! Now, should I download them all incase something terrible happens and they all get removed???

well if you want t olearn more stuff about editing ut then go ahead. ipersonally d/led them all and will be watching them once i get through the max vids
    Death to the False Emporer

Hey manfred89,

Yes the info you have seen on other sites talking about UT is about the one that is in the download section. It's an 8+ hour long VTM that covers TONS of material...I guess that is kinda needless to say lol.

BuZZ has plans for many more awesome game related VTM's and as long as everyone helps spread the word he will keep them coming so don't worry about them dissapearing .
    .LUSF.

Thanks guys

I just checked the video out, its top notch. I have to say it again, I'm blown away, this is just too good to be true - to whom it may concern, thank you . I'll certainly spread the word, infact I'm going to write an email to a friend of mine right now who is being taught 3D Max (badly) at college and is paying for the privilege.

Hmmm I just reread your post and I just wanted to make sure you understood about the weapon design VTM....all the seperate videos under "Unreal Tournament Game Design" relate to the weapon design so be sure to check all those files out (I think it's around 12 seperate files?)...rather than just the first one...if that's what you meant lol.
    .LUSF.

Thanks I'll be downloading all the UR related tonight, though I dont think I'll be able to stop until I've got those concerning Max, Maya, Photoshop, maybe even Quake3

Is there any other way to extract rar files. I keep getting an error in winace. Porbably due to the fact my demo version has run out. Is there another app out there?

The immortal words of Socrates.... I drank what ?

Well, theres winrar of course, www.rarlab.com
    Complaining is like a rocking chair, It's fun for a while but it doesn't get you anywhere.

Hey, I've been following the tutorials pretty well so far, however, I've gotten to the point where I need to compile the script to the weapon. I figured this might be different concidering it's UT2 and not UT now.

When I try to compile I get the message:

Bad class definition 'IonGun'/''/983/983
    Can't find file '..\IonGun\Classes\IonGun.uc' for import
    General protection fault!

The file is definately there though. Anyone know much about UT2 importing yet or have a clue what could be the issue?

-GB

UT2K3 is def your problem (well im 99% sure) just wish I knew scripting to help you but you can try this http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/UT2003
    Last edited by phOny; 10-02-2002 at 09:45 PM.
    Complaining is like a rocking chair, It's fun for a while but it doesn't get you anywhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast