Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Would you like to help out the new 3DBuzz Folding team?

Hay all, I have been Folding for a while and I got to thinking that a lot of us would have high powered computers to render stuff that would be nice to add to the cause. I have started a 3DBuzz team (#50934) for us to join.

Folding@Home home page
    Team Page
    "One of the things that I've been most proud of as a parent is that I've never struck a child. But I'm willing to be proud of something else today." -- Eric, Home Movies

Count me in, I've been folding for a while too but I've never folded for a team before, I'm actually surprised that this is the first time someone has set up a 3DBuzz folding team, it's a great idea.

with all of the workstation PCs here we could do very well for our self.

whats the difference between that and something like this...
    http://www.grid.org/projects/hpf/
    - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - Richard Dean Anderson

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Updated 31/01/05 - 3DBuzz VTM Introduction videos uploaded!)

Quote Originally Posted by Nem
    whats the difference between that and something like this...
    http://www.grid.org/projects/hpf/
    I'm not entirely sure, although i have heard people who do folding@home talk about united devices before, which has something to do with that grid.org link. I think they are just different projects working toward the same goal, but folding@home seems to be the most popular one.

grid.org is another distributed computing system. It's geared to more general uses so that other groups can come to them and contract for some time on their virtual super computer. United Devices is the name of the client software and a website for the volunteers. The UD client is like a virtual machine so it can be used for a lot of different projects.

Folding@Home is dedicated to protein folding research.
    "One of the things that I've been most proud of as a parent is that I've never struck a child. But I'm willing to be proud of something else today." -- Eric, Home Movies

You can count me in too

ive signed up too, but should i use the graphical interface or will the command line one be faster?

me too..

how do we find our team number?
    3dBuzz suporter!

Products Purchased - 3ds Max Fundamentals, Maya Fundamentals, Maya Advanced Modeling, C++/OpenGL Bundle Pack, Web Design Siggraph Bundle

Products On My Need to Purchase List - Member Sponsorship, Agents, Maya (which ever one comes next), 3dsMax Advanced Modeling (it better come), Houdini Fundamentals

Quote Originally Posted by josephhkim
    me too..

how do we find our team number?
    By going here:

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherBrian
    It's 50934

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast