Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    wings will need blender as an free go between, and as for gmax, it might be able to use blender as it's go between, but i do not remember all that gmax can export, but i do know that blender's support for psk files is nearly done, i just have 2 functions to redo... but it has no smoothing suppport yet.

At the risk of being a real dunce wrt PLE 6.0, couldn't one model in 6.0, then open the model in 5.0 and export?
    Well, Jedilaw, I know that the PLE 6.0 files will not just open up in PLE 5.0. For the commercial versions, you can save a 6.0 scene as .ma (ascii) and edit the file in a text editor to be able to be opened with 5.0. I don't know exactly what format the .mp files are. If they are ascii, you could try that same technique. For now, I am saying it can't be done.

I can confirm that files for 6.0 don't work in 5.0. I just bought the Alias book Learning Maya 6 - Modeling, and none of the support files will open in PLE 5.0. They open in fine in PLE 6.0, which indicates that yet another format change has taken place between the PLEs, and thus one cannot model with 6.0 , open in 5.0, and export to UED.

Not a huge issue, unless the new sculpting and deformation tools are really neato. I suspect they'd create poly counts too high for useable SMeshes anyway.

Dunno if anyone has come across this yet:

According to Wiki, there is a Blender exporter plugin specifically for UED 3.

THis is a Google translation of the German webpage with the script on it

See also Wiki's page on Blender

Yep, there is a link to that page in the first post. Still waiting on Dandel1984's .psk exporter for Blender. Tat should be extremely useful to a great many people.

Link is there already? Ooops

I'll have a chat with him about that

I am currently working on it, there is a script that already works, but it uses materials to make the vertex smoothing, but i want to make it use the normal way, so if it is needed, i will do what i need to get it truely done

Good to hear from you, Dandel1984. Keep up the good work and post any updates, or finished products, you may have.

Has anyone tried the Blender exporter on that German site? I know one of our own is working on an improved one, but does the existing script work?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast