Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

UT2K3 model budget

Hi guys, does anuone know what the poly budget is for a gun or player model in UT2k3.

thanks

all the player models are under 3000, and the weapons are uner 2000

cools, thanks for the info buddy.

Those are not hardcoded limits, you can push the engine as far as machines allow. For example, if you would design a mod that uses low detail maps which do not show large open areas, you could have well over 5000 polygons in player models and 3000 polygons in weapons. This just for example.

V

exporters, plugins

Hi,

where can I get stuff (exporter, plugins, etc...) for creating models, maps for UT2003?

Plugin for maya will ship with the game, look at UDN for more precise info. 3dsMax uses ActorX plugin (does it still?)

V

vee,
    Level Designer

what about vehicles? around 3-4k polys??

to get the editing tools you have to purchase the game.

I am sure eveyone would like 5000 poly characters, but you have to keep in mind when making a game that not everyone has the latest hardware configs. I would stick to 3500 as current limit. I mean the highest poly count on a character in the game is about 2800. For weapons 2500 woiuld be a good limit, but then again, you couyld release a "high" res pack and a "low" res pack for users that want to push their hardware to the edge or just be able to play the game

I believe vehicles are static meshes, so perhaps something under 2000 as they need to be moved.

V

vee,
    Level Designer

Aww man! Only 3 thousand poly's? C'mon I've made models models that hit 3.5 thousand Poly's in JK2 and that engine isn't as good as the UT2k3. Then again I have a pretty high end machine. I wonder what Doom III's polycount is gonna b... I also am dissapointed in UT2k3's third person perspective view. It's sluggish or something.... can't put my finger on it. Anyway, I was hopin for more... Perhaps unreal II.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast