Thread: My Tea Guide

My Tea Guide

Hey,

My Tea Guide

I just put together a site. I'm going for simplicity and content. As of now not much content but have more coming. Any how Looking for feed back. If you come across something like browser issues. Please include your browser and version as well. Thanks

Ev
    Last edited by evan_time; 03-12-2006 at 10:28 PM.

So no replys to My Tea Guide?

Hey,

Just curious no replys back wondering if thats a good or bad thing. I know the code is xhtml strict valid and css should be valid as well. But no comments on what you think of the design or the topic. I though that a tea guide was a pretty cool idea. I would be glad for anyone who is good in english to possibly find any flaws in my articles. Traffic is my major concern atm I really need to get people stopping by so I have people to write content for. Well Thanks for the people who have viewed my site!

ps: if anyone has a similar link or even whats to exchange links w/ my site I would enjoy it very much

Ev

Hey Evan I just saw this. Well your navigation is backwards I don't think I have ever seen the main navigation on the right side. It throws the user off, and one of the best things for a website is to maae it have a comfortable easliy accessable website.You did hit my interest with your site though. Why do these two have the exact same content Herbal Tea and Tea Related? Your actuall written content needs some work. On the same pages you tend to be repetative Tea is always my beverage of choice. How about adding different pics of tea leaves and pics of the process? How about different ways to fix tea? Your comments page is broken.

Hey evan_time,

I've seen this thread earlier, but wasn't able to comment. Now, I'll be trying to give you as detailed feedback as I can. Expect me to be honest with you, but at the same time, hopefully helpful in what I have to say.

Main Page
    First impression, was the whole layout/look. Sorta made me feel like I was looking at a Blogger or something.

I agree with Jex with the navigation. I would suggest placing it on the left side, replacing your Google ads (sending those to the right side). Most people are comfortable with reading from the left to the right, by messing that around, you start to confuse people, and you don't want to do that when they visit your website.

Main Page: Navigation
    With the navigation, I wouldn't separate your links in the categories you chose (Pages, Categories). Most (if not all) people realize by the text chosen for the link, what they will be going to. For example, you're "About" link is pretty obvious to mean (without even clicking it yet) that I'll be directed to a page that will explain who you are (the company).

Main Page: Content
    The only thing I really have to say with this area, is the white text on the green bar separating the main content. It almost hurts the eyes because of the shade of green chosen, and the white, all on a white background. Almost blends the text in the green bar.

(Haven't read any articles)

Banner
    I wouldn't put the ".com" in your heading, people who visit, will already know that. Also consider creating a cleaner banner, I'll be honest, it looks sorta childish.

General
    Seeing that every other page has the same layout, just different content in the content area, I'll continue with this:

It's a great place to start. With a few adjustments in the layout/design, It could/can be a great site.

May I ask what your main purpose of this site to be? My guess... is that you want to give information on tea and drinks. You want to get your site traffic up, do you think/believe there is a pretty high demand for this kind of information?

Also, regarding wanting to know site information and other stats, I don't know if you are using any service which tells you about your site stats, but have you considered using one? (http://statscounter.com)

All the best in this endeavour!

Good luck!
    - Rik

Ah thanks for the feed back guys. btw The .com part i sort of decided to keep as the actual site name. I should probably reflect that along w/ the other subheadings. Yeah the green is a bit intense. I might change the bg or something to make it more appealing. I'll take your opinions towards working on improving it.

I do think the content is valid. Some people really don't have a clue about tea. And many people are realizing becoming more health conscience about what they eat and drink.

A few more notes to address the site is suppost to have a bloggish feel to it. I currently don't want people to comment I'm planning on hacking together something interesting there. Basically It's going to be a major feature I'll be adding to my website.

About the links. Yeah its suppost to mainly be categories for how the articles are placed. I haven't really put seperate links to the posts. I am going to end up having to put together a general guideline of how I categorize them. Like say "only 2 categories maximum" would be a good starting place. Any how more content will be coming.

ps: I do agree with you the banner is pretty dumb heh. But For now I just needed something there.

Thanks again
    Ev
    Last edited by evan_time; 03-15-2006 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evan_time
    ps: I do agree with you the banner is pretty dumb heh. But For now I just needed something there.
    It's not "dumb" just doesn't seem to suit the site. That's all. Nothing is "dumb" just "needs work".

All the best...
    - Rik