UT2K3 Weapons Guide

Heres some weapons tips that will help with your gameplay, Planet Unreal have a weapons guide for UT2K3 online.
    Last edited by phOny; 09-19-2002 at 03:39 PM.
    Complaining is like a rocking chair, It's fun for a while but it doesn't get you anywhere.

Instead of using your "favorite" weapons all the time..
    try to use each weapon for the situation your in.

(I'm assuming you can actually stay alive long enough to collect these weapons.. it's not too hard if you know what you're doing )

don't waste your time with the Camera of the translocator..
    just learn to move very very fast, and cover alot of ground.
    translocator camera only lowers your mobility and situational awareness.

Shield gun: shield gun is fun goofing off... just remember.. shield gun = time spent not attacking.
    (btw, shield gun is pretty fun against the ASMD Shock rifle. Try it.. you'll know what I mean)

Assult gun: Worthless. grenade is somewhat useful, but you don't get too many ammo.
    only time you'll use this is when you dont have anything else.

Shock Rifle: the only time I use this is when you walk in on someone else fighting. stand back, and do a shock rifle combo to kill them both off. (fyi, use secondary for close up battle, and primary for longshot.. but try not to use it for either situations.. there are better choices).

Link Gun: Fun as heck to finish your opponents off..
    I don't like linking it to other people.. because your better off shooting at your enemy. 3 people attacking 1 person has a higher chance of hitting than 1 person attacking with a linked beam. I don't trust other people's aim. Best time to use? Right after couple rocket hits.. use it to finish your opponent off, when their health is low. don't use it when your opponent has armor (yellow glow on hit).

Bio-Rifle: don't use primary.. use secondary... great for running away.. I really don't use it for any other situations..

Mini-gun: secondary is useless... use primary.. and only to finish off your opponent. don't use it when your opponent has armor (yellow glow on hit).

Flak Cannon: your shotgun.. awsome finishing weapon. imho.. the best finishing weapon. only use it to finish off people. secondary is nice to hit things below you.

Rocket Launcher: Best dog-fight weapon. Use it to drain your enemies health away (3 hits or so). and use one of the finishing weapons I mention. no other use for this weapon.

Lightning Gun: My weapon of choice. Great up close or far away.
    Use it to drain your enemies health away (1 hit). And use one of the finishing weapons I mentioned. Learn to hit your targets without using scope. Even in extremely long ranges. scope is the quickest way to destroy your situational awareness.

Redeemer: you shouldn't even play maps that have this weapon. made for people who love not using skill to get your kill.
    don't aim, shoot, and use finishing weapon.. rince repeat.. crawl into a fetal position and ask your self, why you even play this game.

ciao
    Last edited by scootch; 09-29-2002 at 11:16 PM.

Gametag: Monkeychop
    Live Games: Rally Sport Challenge2, Full Spectrum Warrior (authentic only), PRG2

definitely going to pass that around the office - bound to increase the level of competition around here!
    [ www.thumpa.net ]

Rocket launcher is my favorite and after that the ASMD Plasma Rifle.

Assult gun: Worthless. grenade is somewhat useful, but you don't get too many ammo.
    lol, if you got a good aim and dodge this weapon can do it's duty

Lightning Gun: My weapon of choice. Great up close or far away.
    Camp = Bad
    Run with it = Good
    I speak, but no one hears
    I tremble with all my fears
    I cry...the tears from my eyes...they flow
    But no one cares, because they don't know
    I keep my secrets, and pretend that I'm okay.
    I pray...to never again see the light of day.
    Each night when I go to sleep
    I hope not to awake from my unconcious keep.

www.3dbuzz.com RULES!!
    thx alot Buzz

my weapon of choice dosen't equal camp... mainly because I don't use the scope

it's like me assume, you spam because you use rockets...

lol, if you got a good aim and dodge this weapon can do it's duty
    yah, the shield gun can kill too.. but so what?
    you can be smart and use a better gun

Gametag: Monkeychop
    Live Games: Rally Sport Challenge2, Full Spectrum Warrior (authentic only), PRG2