Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Level Editor for New Unreal Engine

Im not sure if this has been covered in another forum but I figured I would post it anyways. THis editor was released for the game XIII. (The website is in French btw) Its perfectly legal to download. They were having a mapping contest for the upcoming game, although I think the contest is probably over now and is limited to certain countries.

Link

The download is around 35 MB in size.

Good way to get exposed to the new editor.

dont count on that being the same as the editor in unreal 2003 it uses unreal ed 1 icons lol

is there any way to extract the music from the demo with the XIII editor?

Best Regards

Markuz

Yeah, i would find it strange that they would be allowed to distribute the editor before the game is released, dont think epic would allow this... either that or its from the leaked version but i dont think ill take the risk
    Complaining is like a rocking chair, It's fun for a while but it doesn't get you anywhere.

how is this editor?

Im just wondering on this level editor for UT2K3. Does anyone know if Gmax will support this editor? Im really looking foward to seeing the levels that will be created for this new unreal. It would be cool to be able to come here and download the new maps that people create.

Originally posted by Markuz
    is there any way to extract the music from the demo with the XIII editor?

Best Regards

Markuz
    Not too sure but, doesn't UT2K3 use .ogg files ? ...winamp will play 'em (might need to get the plug-in or winamp3)

/edit, soundforge6 and wavelab will also play 'em (and save in .ogg format too)
    Last edited by Squid; 09-20-2002 at 11:59 AM.

Originally posted by edgemaster6661
    Does anyone know if Gmax will support this editor?
    UT2k3 is shipping with Maya PE and they are also going to provide a custom version of GMax at a later date. I'm not sure if they are for levels or models though, as Unreal Editor 3.0 also comes with UT2k3. [http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...s=&forumid=214]

The music is in OGG format, so just use Winamp to listen to it.

with so many learning editions availabel, i would of though that the editor will support PLE and GMax as well as the full versions.

Originally posted by Buzzard

I'm not sure if they are for levels or models though, as Unreal Editor 3.0 also comes with UT2k3.
    It is for the creation of custom models and animations.
    Levels are nothing else than a set of models.
    Using Maya you can create any object you can possibly imagine, and import it in the UnrealEd editor, and add it in a level.
    "That young girl is one of the least benightedly unintelligent organic life forms it has been my profound lack of pleasure not to be able to avoid meeting."

It works for UT2K3 demo at any rate. I made a box and played it, worked fine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast