Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eye candy?

eye candy?

Ok, so I had a chance to play the game last night..
    Is it just me or does anyone else think that all the detail they put into this game kind of distracts from the actual game play?
    Don't get me wrong here, I think the game looks incredable and plays pretty smooth on my system. But I just cant get past looking at evrything in the background while getting my Butt kicked..

JES_II

Is there such a thing as a game thats too pretty? I could understand it if it interferes with the frame rate etc but have you tried lowering the graphics options? this will speed the game up and remove some of the distracting features...
    Complaining is like a rocking chair, It's fun for a while but it doesn't get you anywhere.

i kill myself a lot by jumping through the lasers in the bombing run map just to watch myself fall, it's awesome
    hate is baggage, life's too short to be pissed off all the time

Hookflash Guest
    I'm all for anything that adds to the "pseudo-realism" (in other words, the definition of realism according to the game universe and the constraints of the hardware) of a game, and high poly counts + nice textures & fx contribute to that. Also, the physics are nice. It just seems like a very solid game overall

Yeah, at least if they are included you can (or should be able to) turn them off or down but i guess they need to add all the eye candy, they are competing with each other for sales after all and as pcs get faster and faster i guess its a case of upgrade so you can play the new stuff or get left behind.
    Complaining is like a rocking chair, It's fun for a while but it doesn't get you anywhere.

on,line i lower all my graphics including resolution just to pick up a few frames. It can give you a surprising ege in gamplay.

No no no...heheh
    What I mean is, I get my butt kicked because I am to busy admiring the graphics..heheh

JES_II

You need to concentrate more dude! lol

keep in mind the UT2003 demo contains textures that are 1/2 the resolution of the final game textures, and that the final game uses a whopping 3 gigs to install.

heheh, I know what you mean jes_II...

jes_II: "wow, that is a cool wall texture. It reallly..." *BAM* HEAD SHOT* lol
    .LUSF.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast