Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

C++ VTM "Source Code" ????????where are they..

Hi. I purchased the c++ VTM(1-6). What a deal for 150$. Buttttttttt...where are the source codes for the lesson. Please tell me I can get them somewhere....
    Last edited by vij_Nair; 01-29-2006 at 05:19 AM.

Follow along and type it out. All the code is given in the videos. It isn't available anywhere else that I know of. Plus, having to type it helps it sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by ffejnosliw
    Follow along and type it out. All the code is given in the videos. It isn't available anywhere else that I know of. Plus, having to type it helps it sink in.
    Well, ok, but really that should be left to the student to decide if he wants to learn that way. I have seen few VTMs but this is the first one without any source or work files. Great product neverthless.

Have fun watching them. I'd recommand finding a mediaplayer which supports the ability to bind buttons for pausing (MPC, VLC).

It's much easier just to tab from the IDE to the videos, hitting space for example to pause and un-pause.
    I didn't mean to do it.

Actually publishing the code is prohibited - buzz wanted to make sure you go through and type everything out.

IMO it is the right decision - making you type everything ensures that you know exactly what all the code is doing, and of course you'll make some mistakes which will make you better at debugging programs

Quito, Ecuador (A small country in South America)
    Yup I had to go through the VTMs myself and type out the source code...

I actually find it more satisfying that way...To know i understood and typed the code and it actually compiled.

The bundle is amazing i got it yesterday even though i made the game with the Member sponsor VTMs a few weeks ahead...INCREDIBLE! I cant wait to begin OpenGL its so much fun and looks like an incredible package!

Typing even the most mundane tasks helps you learn it... seems trivial but just typing it you get the code memorised better

Mostly if you copy paste something you might be able to look it over, and know what happens in each step, but if you are asked to reuse some of the code my typing it in yourself you might find you dont really remember it
    Swoop - Buzzed Pirate!
    " If nobodys talking to me, im talking to me" - Swoop

Reflection Design || Swoops Blog

2D Tutorials Compilation

The Speed Painting Thread || ((post your Concept Art thread))

Talking

I totally agree i think i learned more from finding my own stupid errors than i did from teh vtms at times

and i do mean really stupid errors

semicolons in the wrong place
    not initializing varibles etc........
    ME WANT AGENTS ME WANT AGENTS ME WANT AGENTS

Anyone can cut and paste code, but actually typing it out helps a great deal. If you're learning C++, don't complain about having to type stuff out, trust me you'll be doing a lot of typing so get used to it.
    CodeGuru: DLL Tutorial For Beginners by me. Rated 4 1/2 out of 5.

What sux for me is I never had any coding errors through the whole process of writing down all the code. LOL i have spent so much typeing typing code out of books and from other stuff that when I did the videos i got it perfect the first time so i didn't get the debuggin experience
    JapanGaku - Blog about Japan, J-Drama, and the Japanese Language
    BuddyLindsey.com - My Development Blog

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast