Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Programming Skills I would like to learn.

Managed Directx 9 using C# and encapsolation of program resources such as image and audio files (so users can't just easily open or replace these files changing the way the game looks and sounds) for games written in Managed Directx 9 using C#.
    DH Software Home Page: http://www12.brinkster.com/dhpc1024/index.html

DH Game Development Home Page: http://www12.brinkster.com/dhpc1024/dhgd_index.html

3D Buzz Starcraft 2 Community Tournament Participant. Year: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrakeMan
    Also, I was just wondering whether anyone here had thought to write their own ray-tracer? Or whether they might consider it if they were provided with a ready planned architecture? Anyway, just some thoughts because they are rather straight forward in that functionality can be added in a step-by-step manner if designed properly. Not to mention it can generate some really nice images.
    I actually started to write my own raytracer a while ago.. I never got around to getting back to it though.

I also wrote a very simple software polygon renderer in Java a few years ago.

As more people in this thread I'd also like to get to know more about network, database and ai programming. I also would like to know more about operating systems.

databasing, ASP.net w/ c#, DX9/10, drivers, and other fun stuffs like that

Quote Originally Posted by METALHEAD1992
    databasing, ASP.net w/ c#, DX9/10, drivers, and other fun stuffs like that
    I am going to see about doing some ASP.NET stuff.
    JapanGaku - Blog about Japan, J-Drama, and the Japanese Language
    BuddyLindsey.com - My Development Blog

Quote Originally Posted by METALHEAD1992
    ASP.net
    I thought you owned a copy of 'C# step by step'? I thought it included ASP.NET. In the table of contents there was a whole part on ASP.NET.

What I forgot to add in my previous post is that I'm also interested in console programming. But I think that's becoming difficult with the next-gen consoles with all their multiple processors.

Quote Originally Posted by percent20
    I am going to see about doing some ASP.NET stuff.
    What... no one wants to try there hand at DB2 or ORACLE??

Quote Originally Posted by ChadStout
    What... no one wants to try there hand at DB2 or ORACLE??
    no requests but to intereact with them is not hard. Atleast not in ASP.NET. You can use teh oledb provider for db2 and i think they have an oracle provider for oracle but not sure about that one. That is the cool thing about ADO.NET for .NET development it is a common infrastrcuture for accessing a database. All you have to do is learn one way with ado.net and it applies to all access providers and any langauge whether it is C++, C#, VB.NET, PHP.NET, or cobol.net.

just some extra info there.
    JapanGaku - Blog about Japan, J-Drama, and the Japanese Language
    BuddyLindsey.com - My Development Blog

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123