Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Fix for UT2004EDExport

For Maya 6 users.
    If your plauged with the exporter showing you only one animation frame for both start and end, your not alone. This was annoying me for quite some time. I didn't have time to wait for someone to fix this issue. I have a college class where I am on a limited time schedule. So Saturday night for about 2 hours with 2 systems running for comparason purposes. I have figured out why the exporter does this. Below is a link for an already edited script that works.

http://home.san.rr.com/cookhome/Melscript.html

For those wanting to dive more into mel below is a line number and what I changed to get the script to export animations.

Line 479 you have the following sniplet of code:
    float $duration = `getAttr ($clips[$a] + ".duration")`;

In Maya 5 there is a duration field but in version 6 there is not. This is why the exporter cannot find a valid number. So what I did is put what the script is really looking for for version 6. This is sourceEnd. This field is similar to duration.
    Now you need to change the line to look like this:
    float $duration = `getAttr ($clips[$a] + ".sourceEnd")`;

This will correct the data and you will see the time slider go from left to right uppon export.

I hope this helps those of us in need.
    I would like to thank the crew of 3dbuzz for their VTM's and setting up this forum for all of us! Thanks man!

Stephen Cook
    E-Mail: hivoltageohm@yahoo.com
    Art Institute Student
    Studing Game Art & Design
    Last edited by StephenCook; 07-24-2005 at 03:33 PM.

So, this is a fix for Maya 6 and the Maya Complete plugin? I would like to put info and a link to this in the Unreal Export Plugin Reference sticky, but I want to get all the info straight first. I am sure a lot of people will be happy to see this.

This is the fix for Maya 6 unlimited/complete.
    It should work for the PLE but I have not tested it yet.
    I hope that the configurations for ple match the regular versions. If not I have included where the problem is for anyone with mel scripting background and the ple version to correct field names.

NOTE: I put the plugin script on my road runner website. It needs to be moved to a better spot. That way its not going to be down because of hits.

Stephen Cook
    Art Institute Student

There is no plugin for Maya PLE 6.0 so I don't see there being any problem with it. As for where the file is hosted, I would be happy to put it up on my site if that will help.

I just wanted it set up to help others.
    you can list your site as an alternate that way if mine goes down yours is there.
    Thanks for the assistance.

Stephen Cook
    Art Institute Student

When I try to download the script, I get a error message saying it cannot be found. I don't know if it is just me having that problem or not, but you may want to check and make sure the link is correct and the file is really there.

Sorry bout that. I thought It was uploaded.
    Its there now and I just tested it

need more help

Hey its cool that you managed to fix the plugin, I had been just changing the code in the script window to get it to work ...

Another giant problem Im having! I have managed to export my animations into UnrealEd... but when I try to see them in the game its impossible to align them properly... they dont ever show up in the right place... I tried messing with the properties translation rotation scale ... and sometimes I can get the weapon to show up close to where I want it but then I change the roatation slightly and here I go again, 3 hours of trying to make the weapon appear where I want it on the screen... is there any better way to align 1st person weapon models properly ? Maybe all I need is an example file of where to put my weapon model in maya so it appears in the proper spot in the screen... PLEASE HELP... its driving me nuts.

ohm what is this script good for?

export something from unreal to maya?

Thumbs up

Thanks for the Info, now I just need to figure out MEL .. I can work with Maya ok, but I am no coder ... Are you just running this MEL script you created now or are you editing the code of the plugin it self to make this work?

Thanks
    Justin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast