Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Hey Jason B or anyone that knows the answer to the following,

I want to become a member sponsor or buy the VTM disk bundle. Well, it seems like there are c++ Programming issues 1,2 and 3 on the site but the c++ Programming issues go up to 5 on the disks and the disks come with a bonus. If I become a member sponsor does the other issues become available after 1,2 and 3 are complete? I ask because I would rather become a sponsor because there seems to be more positives on both sides of the coin.

Please respond ASAP because I want to buy either tonight if possible.
    Last edited by jcdied4me; 06-06-2005 at 10:01 PM.
    Take care,
    Jeff C.

Member Sponsor:

Pros - You get to do exercises thus gaining a valuable programming experience, you get feedback from people who check your exercises, could be cheaper than buying the disks.

Cons - exercises are checked very infrequently - a week or more per exercise, you can't access higher modules untill you pass all the exercises in lower ones, no bonus.

Buying Disks:

Pros - You can access any VTM you want stright away, the disks can be used as a back up if you pc crashes, bonus

Cons - Expensive, no exercises.

Note: With MS you get to Module 5 when you complete Module 4, and Module 4 when you complete Module 3 and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Power_Surge
    Member Sponsor:

Pros - You get to do exercises thus gaining a valuable programming experience, you get feedback from people who check your exercises, could be cheaper than buying the disks.

Cons - exercises are checked very infrequently - a week or more per exercise, you can't access higher modules untill you pass all the exercises in lower ones, no bonus.

Buying Disks:

Pros - You can access any VTM you want stright away, the disks can be used as a back up if you pc crashes, bonus

Cons - Expensive, no exercises.

Note: With MS you get to Module 5 when you complete Module 4, and Module 4 when you complete Module 3 and so on.
    The "infrequently" bit has only been with Project 3, which is where I imagine you are currently sitting. Our apologies on that, but Buzz has been a tad swamped trying to wrap up the Maya Fundamentals courseware as well as plan new upcoming C++ content.

As for purchasing the content being "expensive", I can't really disagree, because "expensive" is a relative term based on how much value you put on your own education. I, personally, don't think the cost is that bad, but I keep an open mind that others may not see things the way I do. If learning this stuff means a lot to you, then the monetary cost will pale in comparison to your desire to master the content. Either way, it's still a bargain as far as video training is concerned.

Zak Parrish
    Chief of Operations
    3D Buzz, Inc.

And another question:
    I clicked 'Downloads -> c++ -> Member sponsor (link) and it directs me to http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/dl_info_ms.php, which seems to be down. (Or am I doing something wrong...?) Will it be up soon?

Talking

kimla......you need to be a member sponsor to download the c++ vtm's....

you think the c++ VTM's are expensive......

they are NOT

with the quality of traing and the sheer amount of information they teach you...its invaluable

plus with AGENTS coming up ...and Open GL vtm's coming our way also

we will be developing a whole lot of content for a very small price

i mean buzz treaches you to make a game inmodule 3 and in module 5 it goes 2d....i imagine with opengl it might become 3D......then AGENTS

/me jaw drops..

you might just.............................................. ....................

awwwwwwww man i made a promise not to tell........................
    sorry you will just have to wait until Buzz tells everyone
    ME WANT AGENTS ME WANT AGENTS ME WANT AGENTS

Hehe, the game was 2D in VTM 3. It got a proper gui (not console) in VTM 5.

Regardless, ostamo2 I was curious. I know Joel's been toiling away upstairs working on numerous projects. But, has it been confirmed that opengl will cover a 3d project? I don't mean that rhetorically, I don't know what he is working on... (Probably so that I don't leak any spoilers.) So I'm legitimately curious.

Talking

well really i do not know

opengl can do 2D but was really meant for 3D........but honestly i am just guessing

arghh....
    the painnn!!!!!!

Buzz, some dates please!
    Some TOC as well ;P

you are killing me dude
    "Things are like they are because thats how they are suposed to be"

Yeah..common..uve got us begging now!!

It was origionally said that last wednesday was the day for the agents preview..now Monday..Todays Tuesday!!

Common!!!
    Please..Im at your mercy!!

Ahhhh!!
    [Pulling out his pump-action shotgun.] Hicks: I like to keep this handy for close encounters.
    Frost: I hear that!
    -Aliens

Blain: Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here! This stuff will make you a god damnned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me!
    -Predator

Talking

it will happen when it happens

Buzz Zak and the crew have been really busy with the Maya Fundamentals Class............

the c++ vtm's will happen...................

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast