Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I understand what he is saying but checking the different countries to determine if the average person can afford $35 is silly, difficult and would lead to all kinds of problems.

First of all Member Sponsorship is not a fee to gain access to material. That is not the intention. Member Sponsorship is a system to allow some of us members a chance to provide money to Buzz so that he can provide FREE content to everyone else.

It is not a pay site.

Buzz provides us time to time material exclusive to Member Sponsor as a thank you. We don't demand it, or expect but are thankfull.

I do not see any company anywhere in the world adjusting their prices, significantly, for those low wage earners in other countries. The fact is without us there is no site, no site, no free training.

Also there is nothing to stop people who do not wish to get the Member Sponsor to order the c++ videos from the store. At the moment you can get all the c++ VTMs plus the OpenGL at a good price. I would hurry though because once the last of the second set of videos ship, end of the week, the intro price for the OpenGL goes up.
    I have figured out what the internet is. You know what they say about an infinite number of monkeys hitting keys at random on an infinite number of typewriters for an infinite amount of time? Well the internet is like that. There is some big cosmic alien running that experiment here in order to find the answer to some big question or to create the greatest piece of literature known to the universe. From what I have seen so far I am sorry to say they are going to be greatly disappointed.

Thumbs up C++ VTM's

As a member sponsor myself, the way I understand it works is the price of member sponsorship has nothing to do with the wages of the country you live in. Also the C++ VTM's were produced for those who help 3DBuzz out by being member sponsors and even they have to enroll in the C++ course and can only download new VTM's when they have completed that portion of the course. The other way you can have access to the VTM's immediately is to purchase them from the store, then you can have all of them sent to you. Hope this helps you.
    Houdini Student

Is there a way to get these VTM's for FREE???
    He listens well who takes notes
    - Dante Alighieri
    If you don't have anything good or constructive to say, just shut up!
    - Me
    Nothing shocks me. I'm a scientist.
    - Harrison Ford (1942 - ), as Indiana Jones

Quote Originally Posted by gmailer
    Is there a way to get these VTM's for FREE???
    The C++ ones... short answer, nope.
    "If you put together all the work I did on "Shrek", I would say I have spent more time promoting it in the last three days than I did actually working on it... When you compare that to the amount of work that the animators and producers put into it, I’m embarrassed to get all the attention and praise for it." - JOHN LITHGOW
    Visit my webpage

Quote Originally Posted by baard
    Thank you for the registration.Please give straighforward info on the registration page itself. There is no point 3dBuzz asking for 35 dollars for allowing one to download a c++ lesson. Atleast you should check whether the people registering belong to countries where some well educated people work for 20 or 40 dollars a month.
    There is an alternative to paying $35 a month to support the costs of providing bandwidth. You can buy the CD's and have them shipped to you.
    I just ordered the C++ VTM and it cost me $149. For me that is better than paying $35 monthly in order to download them.

Do the VTMs that you buy in the store come on DVD and if so can you play them on a DVD player or do you have to play them on a computer like the UnrealED VTMs with the DVD version of UT2004?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinch78
    Do the VTMs that you buy in the store come on DVD and if so can you play them on a DVD player or do you have to play them on a computer like the UnrealED VTMs with the DVD version of UT2004?
    You have to play them on a computer.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." ~Rich Cook

Quote Originally Posted by owensd
    You have to play them on a computer.
    Thanks for the reply. That's a bummer though, it would be nice to play them on my TV and then follow with them on my computer oh well. I think I am going to buy them for my C++ class next semester. Hmmm now I wonder if I can get my step dad to buy them for me.

Thanks for the reply. That's a bummer though, it would be nice to play them on my TV and then follow with them on my computer oh well.
    You can only fit 2 hours of video onto a sinlge layer DVD. 4 on dual layer but those are 10$ a piece. Now see the problem when Buzz consistantly offers series of 20-80 hours of video.

"Booleans are for wankers and beginners!"
    - Lurky

Jumpgate Evolution

Thanks for the reply. That's a bummer though, it would be nice to play them on my TV and then follow with them on my computer oh well. I think I am going to buy them for my C++ class next semester. Hmmm now I wonder if I can get my step dad to buy them for me.
    Hehe, Would have tried that me to if i was a bit younger, but thats the bad thing about being at the end of the teenager period.
    Oh well, i can always hope to get them for my birthday. Its only about a month away
    He listens well who takes notes
    - Dante Alighieri
    If you don't have anything good or constructive to say, just shut up!
    - Me
    Nothing shocks me. I'm a scientist.
    - Harrison Ford (1942 - ), as Indiana Jones

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast