Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated

yea e yea rod

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrakeMan
    Your dirty little mitts can wait until you can pay for them, I'm not 100% on all rules at this site but I would have thought you shouldn't be asking people for copies. VTMs are supposed to be downloaded from 3dbuzz (or bought from their shop), read the disclaimer page when you click the download link.

GDI is a library for Windows you can find good tutorials on the net. Also, you can find information on GDI from http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/ then follow the links on the left tree structure:
    Win32 and COM Development -> Graphics and Multimedia -> GDI+
    You can tonnes of stuff there but microsoft's reference material may be a little hard for some beginners to follow. I think you need to be using MSVS to use GDI+ but if you are using another compiler/IDE you may be able to download the Platform SDK.

If you haven't done so already, take a look at Allegro as well it has good documentation and is a little easier than GDI.

Seriously, And I mean seriously, I liked the 3DSMax videos and will be checking out more of the DL section. And I wasnt asking for someone to give them to me. I was asking any important eyes that fall on this to give some kind of duty or something to fulfill in order to earn them. I know, thats wierd.
    This is prolly the first site i respect besides gamedev.net.
    I dont want to cause rifts, but u seemed a lil flamy, thats why i cleared that up.
    Yea, Buzz, Zack(MotF), And dude in 3D max vids (sorry guy) seem very awesome and I understand a site like this costs bucks to run, I'm just a little impatient sometimes. Maybe mom-mom will loan me the card until the next check, I dunno.

Trust Me. Ok? You never seen a guy like me.

actually, I want a true mentor, a person who can teach me. I'm willing to do it in a fashion of truly interactive tutorials, even in posts, for a new 3dbuzz series or something to make a definate contribution in terms of content.

!!!I HAVE ALLLLL THE TIME IN THE WORLD!!!!!
    Last edited by NewbSabott; 04-28-2005 at 07:57 AM.

I replied but it ended up a new thread....

Thanks everyone.

You can write unmanaged C# code. Also i wasn't sure exactly about GDI+ i have only hear a few things about it.
    JapanGaku - Blog about Japan, J-Drama, and the Japanese Language
    BuddyLindsey.com - My Development Blog

actually, I want a true mentor, a person who can teach me. I'm willing to do it in a fashion of truly interactive tutorials, even in posts, for a new 3dbuzz series or something to make a definate contribution in terms of content.
    Learning a programming language takes some initiative but I'm sure anyone who visits this site that could help you will help you. The fact that you have gotten this many replies thus far seems pretty good to me

Go check out the tutorials on the C/C++ API Programming forum they look like a reasonable start. If you want help with anything post on the forum or even pm me I don't mind. When you ask for help with problems always post code snippets or error messages.

!!!I HAVE ALLLLL THE TIME IN THE WORLD!!!!!
    That might just be enough
    Mark - TheDrakeMan
    "The anatomical juxtaposition of two orbicularis oris muscles in a state of contraction."
    - Dr. Henry Gibbons, definition of a kiss
    "All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer." - IBM maintenance manual (1925)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrakeMan
    That might just be enough
    No, it's the only thing you need

lol very cool. Thanks! I agree, this place is great, people reply very quickly. I think this wll become my homepage soon.

Quote Originally Posted by NewbSabott
    I'm using the tapes in downloads to learn 3ds max as well.
    They're not tapes! Are you seeing the video? If not, you should download the proper video codecs!

lol, i typed tapes by mistake. I saw the video.

Trying maya instead as a starting point. 3DsMax is more technical than visual it seems, and maya p.l.e. makes it so i don;t have to buy more software until im ready.

GDI is very, very old. Its good for 2d type stuff on forms, in fact 98% of all the graphics you see in Windows apps are probably GDI/GDI+. The new kind of paradigm is what MS is calling Avalon for now, which uses XAML, I think that is the acryonym, pronounced "zamil." I'm really new to graphics stuff but some of you old hat 3d guys might be really interested in it. It is basically a way of building rich 3d environments using a declaritive, essentially XML, based language. Its sort a quasi replacement for GDI+, well in the long term I think. My two cents.

yeah, avalon is somewhat the replacement for gdi (while wgf will be replacing directx). it won't be so interesting for making games but it gives you some awesome abilities for designing applications (not as awesome as macos x, though ). there is a developer's version of the avalon sdk out there, but i'm not sure if it was released to the public or to msdn-subscribers only...
    there are also tons of infos out there floating around at microsofts homepage.
    i wrote some small avalon apps for the longhorn preview and although i didn't like the look'n'feel of the xml-style coding, it is still quite impressive what effects you can achieve with very little experience in avalon that weren't possible at all (or at least really hard to implement) with gdi.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast