Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

new DOOM 3 screenshots

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/augu...eenshots.shtml

this game is already scaring the crap out of me.

freaky... it really dosent seem like part of the doom series. the gfx seem very polished unlike the origional doom which still rocks to this very day.

Talking

This game is sooooooooo gonna rock! That second shot creature is featured in the trailer eating the flesh off a guy, it is so realtistic for a game.

Can't wait!

-CS

Arrhhhhh(drool) This is the ticket guys, the big daddy. This game is so gonna kick ass (and scare the sh't out of us! )
    ....and those reflections on me helmet ain't from HDRI nither, all you need is good ol elbow grease....

Hmmm, to alot of new games u need cards like Geforce4 and i only got 2.
    Thanks Buzz, Angela and everyone supporting and helping them!

Program: 3ds Max 5
    Computer: 1,4 Ghz, 256 RAM, geForce2,

This game is already scaring me....they're showing the way ahead like the original Doom did. Its all in the lighting and the design of that freaky faceless beasty.

rootindustries- i heard that the game requires 1gigHz and GF2 minimum spec so you'll probably just make it but if not then its a damn good reason to treat yourself
    ....and those reflections on me helmet ain't from HDRI nither, all you need is good ol elbow grease....

The levels look sweet, but really, those monsters are still very "edgey", lets hope they aren't final..

It wouldn't hurt to add 50-100 more triangles to bevel, and chamfer some of the edges, and verts.. reminds me of Quake 2 monsters .

Lighting looks good

I disagree dude, the edges may look like they need a little beveling, but I guarantee that,when those beasties start moving, that will be the last thing youll be thinking.

True, but my point is.. just imagine...
    Smoother appearence + movement.. = better

I wouldnt have said that if I hadn't heard all the guys at id always saying how high poly the characters are going to be.

They are good models.. sure.. but they should smooth some of those edges a bit..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast