Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Problems scaling an object down

I wonder if somebody could help me please. I've spent the past week or so creating an animation but I can no longer scale my objects down. The animation was trying to do involved me zooming into the scene with the objects getting smaller and smaller but I can't scale them down anymore.

How can I fix this as I want to add a handful of other objects but unless I can scale them down (ideally to infinity or near to it) this isn't going to work and I'll have a to scrap the whole thing which I really don't want to do as I've spent over a week doing.

Please can somebody help me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

BTW I'm using Maya 2016

I'm having a bit of trouble visualising this, what's stopping you from continuing to scale down the objects?

Can you post any pics or share a scene file?
    There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Quote Originally Posted by faux View Post
    I'm having a bit of trouble visualising this, what's stopping you from continuing to scale down the objects?

Can you post any pics or share a scene file?
    I been zooming into an objecting, scaling then zooming into another object and repeating. Essentially I’m zoomed in as much as Maya seems to let me zoom in and it seems to no longer let me scale down anymore, this is what I’m trying to solve/work around.

Are the objects getting closer than the cameras near clipping plane? This can be changed in the cameras attribute editor.

Maybe you could group everything in the scene and scale the group up?

That’s for your reply, it’s not the near clipping plane I’m worried about but the motion path. I’ve created a very elaborate scene with a complex motion path which keeps zooming into smaller objects but now I’ve zoomed in so much I can now no longer zoom in anymore so in essence I want to scale everything up including the motion path as I think this is possibly the only solution. Is that possible and if so will it effect the keyframes I’ve already set?

Hmm, you might run into some double transforms with the motion path. Only sure way is to give it a go and see

Quote Originally Posted by faux View Post
    Are the objects getting closer than the cameras near clipping plane? This can be changed in the cameras attribute editor.

Maybe you could group everything in the scene and scale the group up?
    I did manage to scale everything up like this and there was no double transforms or anything like that, however I was still unable to scale the object down anymore (the attributes for scale were still set to 0.00 for all three axis). I don't know if I did something wrong or if it's because I created the object using the type tool?

There's also now another problem the near clipping plain, it's set to 0.001 but objects are still disappearing.

If it helps, I've attached the file. It's for a client so I've removed their logo from the file but you can see the problem. Also the last few frames don't render either or cut part of the model off.

I've also attached a screen shot so you can see what I mean about part of it being cut off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rendering.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	135.4 KB 
ID:	74735  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by thehappyappy; 10-02-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Righty, if you take a look at Camera1's position using the Persp camera at around frame 222 you'll see it's lens is inside your object. This is why the mesh seems clipped.
    You'd be best to adjust the keyframed position back out a bit and then animate Camera1's Focal Length to zoom back in (make sure to key Focal Length at what it is on a previous keyframe so this new value only happens at the end).

Thanks, I'll give that a go

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast