Entity Framework - rolling back a change with a pivot table

When I was doing the MMO course the first ever migration had a pivot table in it.
    Subsequent changes to the database never involved a pivot table, just modifying a table or adding a new table.

Here's the problem - I get an error trying to rollback any change that involves a pivot table. Never have a problem with just a table mod or a new table.

Here's an example of the Down method from the very first commit in the MMO course:
    Code:
            public override void Down()
            {
                DropForeignKey("dbo.UserRoles", "Role_Id", "dbo.Roles");
                DropForeignKey("dbo.UserRoles", "User_Id", "dbo.Users");
                DropIndex("dbo.UserRoles", new[] { "Role_Id" });
                DropIndex("dbo.UserRoles", new[] { "User_Id" });
                DropTable("dbo.UserRoles");
                DropTable("dbo.Users");
                DropTable("dbo.Roles");
            }
    When rolling back the database with

Code:
    update-database -TargetMigration:0 -verbose
    I get an error that according to all the google searches seems to be a fairly vague error caused by any number of things.

Code:
    alter table `dbo.UserRoles` drop foreign key `FK_dbo.UserRoles_dbo.Roles_Role_Id`
    System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Type is not resolved for member 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException,MySql.Data, Version=6.8.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d'.
       at System.AppDomain.DoCallBack(CrossAppDomainDelegate callBackDelegate)
       at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.Design.ToolingFacade.Run(BaseRunner runner)
       at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.Design.ToolingFacade.Update(String targetMigration, Boolean force)
       at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.UpdateDatabaseCommand.<>c__DisplayClass2.<.ctor>b__0()
       at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.MigrationsDomainCommand.Execute(Action command)
    Type is not resolved for member 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException,MySql.Data, Version=6.8.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d'.
    In other words it falls at the first hurdle with a 'type is not resolved' error.

Now it never mattered in the MMO course, but I am currently adding the Post and Tag tables from the SimpleBlog series and I really hate to have a migration that I cannot rollback.

Tried a lot of things, but nothing's worked so far. Since I'm running out of ideas I thought I would post here just in case there is something simple.

By the way, deleting the foreign keys, indexes and tables work fine in MySQL workbench.
    Code:
    ALTER TABLE `dev_buzzmmo`.`userroles` 
    DROP FOREIGN KEY `FK_UserRoles_Roles_Role_Id`;
    Last edited by oldngrey; 02-23-2017 at 11:10 PM.

And to be totally confusing and contrary to things I've read, if you modify the Down() method and simply delete the lines for DropForeignKey and DropIndex, it will let you delete the tables.
    I thought sql would prevent you deleting a table with foreign key.

Here's the new Down method that seems to work.

Code:
            public override void Down()
            {
                //DropForeignKey("dbo.UserRoles", "Role_Id", "dbo.Roles");
                //DropForeignKey("dbo.UserRoles", "User_Id", "dbo.Users");
                //DropIndex("userroles", new[] { "Role_Id" });
                //DropIndex("dbo.UserRoles", new[] { "User_Id" });
                DropTable("dbo.UserRoles");
                DropTable("dbo.Users");
                DropTable("dbo.Roles");
            }