Photography Contest LII: January 2017

As you might have heard, there has been a discussion about this contest - whether to continue or not and how to change it. Even though the number of people taking part has dwindled I would still like to continue. 3DBuzz has always been my favourite community to go to and I like having a couple of people to share my pictures with. Moreover I take this as motivation for (hopefully not only) me to keep taking new pictures on a regular basis.

So I have decided that we will let go of the theme in favour of making it easier to enter the contest.

"January 2017"

The point of the contest it to take one good picture this month. You can take the month January as a theme if you like but any picture you took in January 2017 is fine.

You can post more pictures during the month but you should say which one is the best before the deadline. If you don't I'll assume it's the last you posted.

This time the next round will start with the next month along with voting for the best picture of the previous month. There isn't any prize yet but if we get more people taking part I'll definitely think of something.

The Deadline is 31st January 23:59 GTM+1

For those of you wondering when that'll be in your local timezone, just go here: http://wwp.centraleuropeantime.com/

What are the rules?

No photoshopping allowed, besides cropping and changing a picture to B&W or Sepia, and making panoramas.
    Post production editing is allowed. The editing done should be global, such as contrast, brightness, or overal tonal balancing (i.e. no sponge/dodge/burn, no brushes, vignetting, etc). Filters are prohibited. Any global editing should be used only to enhance the features that were captured in the shot to begin with. The only exception is converting to B&W or sepia.

Tell us what you did, unless it's staring us right in the face, in which case you probably shouldn't have done it ^^

If you want to, feel free to share your settings and how you arrived at your final photo.

What equipment do I need?

Well, as long as it can capture light and produce an image you can share with others, be it a analog camera, digital camera or maybe a cellphone camera, you are good to go.

How do we submit the pictures?

By posting them here in this thread. To make things easier for all of us, the kind and superior being that is mr_charisma has supplied a 3dbuzz photo contest script that magically makes your images 3dbuzz-forum-friendly! I suggest using that, but you are of course free to choose any imagehost you like!

For those that intend to use the magic that mr_charisma conjured, the link is http://www.20papercups.net/image_upload

If there are any questions, just ask here.

Now let the photography commence!
    Mind Duck Games check out our game prototypes ;.)

Here's a picture I took today. Hate the cold weather to be honest

A quick entry whilst I still have snow in the vicinity. Black cat standing on the, covered with snow, ground.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img01.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	415.7 KB 
ID:	74682  

I don't know why but her expression seems quite funny to me, it might be the eyes. Nice picture though.

No photoshopping allowed, besides cropping and changing a picture to B&W or Sepia, and making panoramas.
    Post production editing is allowed. The editing done should be global, such as contrast, brightness, or overal tonal balancing (i.e. no sponge/dodge/burn, no brushes, vignetting, etc). Filters are prohibited. Any global editing should be used only to enhance the features that were captured in the shot to begin with. The only exception is converting to B&W or sepia.

Magento 2 SEO Extension by Mageplaza
    One Step Checkout Magento 2 by Mageplaza

Magento 2 SEO Extension by Mageplaza
    https://mage2onestepcheckout.com/

There are 5 days left in January. Pick up your camera and take some pictures people!

Alright, it's the end of the month. This means the new contest for February is up. Moreover you can vote for the best picture from January.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray() View Post
    I don't know why but her expression seems quite funny to me, it might be the eyes. Nice picture though.
    I agree with you. But I like the contrast of colours.