Taking my 3D up a notch... finally got a 3D printer

I decided to take my 3Dmodeling up a level and just ordered a 3D printer to add to what I can offer clients. I've only done a couple of prints so far, but I've been pleased with the results. I printed this Christmas tree ornament;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3DHubs_HeaderPic.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	74670

...and I'm looking forward to tweaking my chess set model for printing too; Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chess_set.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	74671

So I'm curious, anyone else doing 3D printing these days too? I'm using a FlashForge Creator Pro. If you're printing too, what are you using and how to you like it?

A while ago I bought a Folgertech I3 2020 kit and put it together. I eventually got most of the bugs worked out of it. (instructions could of been better but I managed) I've printed a few small things and even did some simple designs and printed them out. I don't use it a lot but I mainly bought it to build it and learn about 3d printing....and print things as desired and needed.

I've continued doing some test objects (nautilus gears, Christmas ornaments, etc.) but also tried to print out a pawn from my chess set. I've got some issues where I need to rework the model to better suit the resolution of the printer, as well as some fine tuning to adjust the temp of the printer bed and nozzles, but the first test was reasonably successful and some of the "impossible to cast in a mould" parts worked better than I expected.

Name:	1212161252~2.jpeg 
Views:	119 
Size:	558.4 KB 
ID:	74677

I've been doing work in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop for several years now... it's nice to get back to 3DS Max for a bit. =^)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I decided to take my 3Dmodeling up a level and just ordered a 3D printer to add to what I can offer clients. I've only done a couple of prints so far, but I've been pleased with the results. I printed this Christmas tree ornament;

Name:	3DHubs_HeaderPic.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	74670

...and I'm looking forward to tweaking my chess set model for printing too; Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chess_set.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	74671

So I'm curious, anyone else doing 3D printing these days too? I'm using a FlashForge Creator Pro. If you're printing too, what are you using and how to you like it?
    I got a Dremel 3D20 about a year ago. It's basically a Flashforge. I modified it to use 3rd party spools.

What filaments are you using/ have you tried? I'm using Hatchbox exclusively now. Have had great results with it and they have lots of cool colors. I bought a roll of glow in the dark filament and practically everything on my desk glows at night now. lol

Also don't know if you're aware, but Simplify 3D is a really awesome slicer. Not sure what Flashforge came with, but the Dremel software was crap. Couldn't do rafts or supports so it really limited what I could make. Simplify was $150 but it was worth it.

I had really gotten burnt out on 3D modeling and this has brought me back in, which has made me very happy. I've also used the printer to print actually useful things instead of toys and figures. When I replaced the speakers in my car recently, I realized the guy I bought the speakers from didn't give me the adapters for the front doors. No problem. Measured stuff, designed an adapter in 3ds Max, and 4 hours later I had my speaker mounts. I made a bracket to hold my Wacom tablet at an angle at the edge of my desk so I can draw on it at a 45deg angle instead of flat. I'm making all kinds of stuff. I love it. Makes me wonder how I lived without a 3D printer all my life.
    The odds of hitting your target increase significantly when you aim at it.
    Check out my iOS games released in the App Store!
    Tricky Treasure Fall
    Tap 'n' Scrap
    UFO Escape From Earth

Looking forward to seeing the chess set - thats a great idea!
    Top Rated Limo Service & Party Bus Rentals in Fresno, CA
    http://www.price4limo.com/fresno-party-bus.html

post more i want to see , i wanted to get in to 3d printing but so far i yet to fine one that feed my need that with in my budget if any thing i will have to send the file out to have it print

Hello guys,
    I didn't understand this kindly help me

Nice! I want to learn how to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by joepug View Post
    A while ago I bought a Folgertech I3 2020 kit and put it together. I eventually got most of the bugs worked out of it. (instructions could of been better but I managed) I've printed a few small things and even did some simple designs and printed them out. I don't use it a lot but I mainly bought it to build it and learn about 3d printing....and print things as desired and needed.
    How much did you get yours? I am planning to add LCD display plus a few more things. Any recommendations?