Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Can't See Terrain Toolkit Brushes

I'm not sure how long this has been going on, since I haven't been shaping landscape (Been focused on scripts and testing the character), but at some stage, I've managed to lose the ability to see the blue brush on the ground regardless of brush size or opacity. I can still raise/lower, smooth, and paint trees and anything else, but can't see the brush to figure out how much of the land that's actually going to impact.

As a test, I duplicated the terrain and deleted the existing one. Same problem. I then deleted the duplicate and made a fresh terrain, and the same problem existed. So, it seems to have nothing to do with the terrain itself.

I made a new scene and I went to an old scene. Those worked fine in every way. In both of those, I was using the same Terrain Toolkit import, so it clearly has nothing to do with the import.

It seems to be a specific problem with the scene. A few places recommended going to Window->Layouts->Default, which I've done three times now and it hasn't fixed it (Though I did manage to find a layout I like more by trying out other layouts to see if it made a difference). Another place recommended restarting the computer, which I figured wouldn't have an impact... tried it anyway, and nothing different.

Yet another place recommended double-checking to see if collision was on on the terrain. I figured it'd've been impossible for collision to be off on the terrain and the character still moves over it, but decided to double-check. Of course it was on.

So it seems to be a specific problem with the specific scene. For kicks, I deleted the character from the scene to see if it may have somehow been an active script from the TPC videos interfering... still no luck.

Anyone have suggestions and/or had this happen before?

Thanks!
    "It's most impressive when it's least expected."

I have seen the message. Will try to provide an answer later.

I'd appreciate it.

Can't seem to reproduce this.

Maybe you could provide the troublesome project to play with?

Yep. How do you want it?

Dropbox or a similar service that you might know / use. See link or archive the project without the build folder and send that.

If privacy is of concern, you could send me the link via pm. It would be better to post it here so that other can also have a look and try to help / clarify this.

Chose Google Drive because it happened to be the fastest setup.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...m9wVUhUTVpONHM

Had to double-check with someone. Not too worried about privacy given the videos for the camera system and its assets are publicly accessible and the environment itself is flat and simple, and not much else has been done with it.

Before I got around to loading the scenes there were some errors that I got around to comment out to be able to proceed.

In both scenes I get to see the blue brush area:
    // camp
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camp.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	74667

// island

Name:	survival_island.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	74668

You could use the wireframe shaded option which will, hopefully, provide a close result to that which you sought. [Or update Unity?]

Name:	wireframe.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	151.5 KB 
ID:	74669

<a href=" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8IiwnIhmA8" rel="nofollow">ROUGE EDEN par Pierre JB BENICHOU</a>

I did a fresh install of Unity like a week ago... have they updated since then?

And weird... still can't see the blue brush. I switched over to wireframe to see if that made a difference (Thought I'd done that before just to test) and still no luck. What were the errors you had to fix?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast