View Poll Results: What is the future chapter feature you are interested in?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Character / Camera motor/animation system

3 20.00%
  • terrain system

5 33.33%
  • inventory system

3 20.00%
  • Dialogue / Quest system

3 20.00%
  • Game Save / Load system

3 20.00%
  • Base character stats

3 20.00%
  • Skill system / perk tree

5 33.33%
  • fighting mechanics (Magic / Melee)

4 26.67%
  • Looting system

4 26.67%
  • Enemy / NPC AI (Artificial Intelligence)

8 53.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

RPG API CORE Thread

Hi every one, I created this thread to be specified for my video tutorials, if you have any questions about the videos, suggestions, or even if you want to ask questions about the future of the project or talk around the project shooting ideas, here is your room

Now, at the time i am posting this first post, there are two videos missing for ending chapter one (Uploaded, but waiting for steven to publish them for you) after that, the second chapter will all be about a behavior tree system. I am not sure what to choose for third chapter, the terrain system or anything else. If you have a particular thing to ask, then feel free to suggest third chapter, there are many things that needs to be covered in future

Right now, i am in vacation because here is new year, but at the same time, i am doing R&D on both RPG system AND the 2D platformer videos that nelson done, there will be a second chapter for it very soon

That being said, Right now, All animations on Mixamo website are free, go an get them downloaded because in future, those will be most of the animations i will use for my character animation. you would need an account on adobe website but the registration is free there. GET THEM AND BE READY FOR FUTURE

ps. STEVEN, please make this thread sticky
    Last edited by css_maya; 03-22-2016 at 01:29 PM.
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

Yeah, the Mixamo animations are outstanding. I was a mixamo subscriber long before they went over to Adobe. It will be interesting to see what Adobe's long term plan is.
    John Bergman aka RadioactiveXP

I have the source and I am not afraid to use it!
    I'd rather have a blue sky above me that a blue screen in front of me!

well, i was never a subscriber there, but the amount of animations i got is outstanding, if i remember correctly, it's over 200 animation clips and i will use many of them in future chapters that is why i ask you guys download almost all of those packages now that they are available.
    I am interested too, when some company make these many good stuff free, they should have something up their sleeves, also, don't forget, their rigging system is free too, get as many humanoid characters as you can or need and rig them now lol
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

I rigged my Daz3d characters (I have a game license); and the animations move between the models with no problems as well; its pretty sweet. I wish they had done a 4 leg rigging system, that would have been helpful as well, I have quite a few animal models with out animations at the moment... but that is a project for another day ...
    John Bergman aka RadioactiveXP

I have the source and I am not afraid to use it!
    I'd rather have a blue sky above me that a blue screen in front of me!

Yah, 4 leg system would be nice, you know what i dream of? having the same rigging system in maya and 3d max, i mean a system that would give you the same smooth skinning weights from start lol, oh well, a man can only dream

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Thanks for the link css_maya grabbing all I can.

How soon is "very soon"? I'm loving the series - can't wait to continue!

tbh i am coding the second chapter behind the scenes, if you guys love to see me go on with the coding on the fly, i can start recording right now, but i personally like it when the videos have minimal bugs and code errors and bug hunting, so i tend to code the whole system behind the scenes and having it open on the second monitor while i am recording the sessions

. I've just been going through 002 and you didn't seem to refer to your second monitor much because when you got run errors it seemed to be a total surprise to you!

Since I am only at 002 I am personally in no hurry for chapter 2, so don't record faster than you are comfortable.

Keep up the good work. I am getting used to your accent (yeah my Australian accent has to be more impenetrable, no need to tell me).
    Last edited by oldngrey; 06-25-2016 at 03:55 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast