Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

3D Buzz Space Shooter tutorial videos - an updated version available?

Hi,

I am currently following these very very helpful and beginner friendly videos:
    http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showth...nload-them-now

In the videos, Jason mentioned several times that he was planning to redo this Space Shooter game with more advanced concepts than the ones covered in the existing series. Do these videos exist?

There is a Member Sponsor only Unity 101 live class that is 2 weeks in and the focus of the class is programming in C# with Unity and we will be making a Space Shooter Game and it is not the same as the free videos.

If you are interested in this live class or any of the other live classes and/or Member Sponsor only videos you can sign up as a member sponsor here: http://www.3dbuzz.com/xcart/home.php?cat=7

If you don't want to buy the Member Sponsorship right away and you want to get a feel of how the live classes work you can sign up for the free live class "Photoshop CS6 Foundation" and decide whether it's worth the money(In my opinion it's definitely worth the low monthly fee they charge for all they provide!)Here is a link to information about the Photoshop class: http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showth...CS6-Foundation

CreativeHD

Thanks!

I am not a Member Sponsor so I have no access to the videos. Could you outline the course? I am curious about what topics are covered and how long it is and what the end result will be. I am trying to find out how different the course is from the freely available one, both in terms of level and concent. As I am currently a Unity beginner, at this point the Space Shooter is the only (non freely available) video series I am interested in on 3D Buzz. So it would be great to know if that alone is worth the Member Sponsorship for me.

@TonioKröger

This is a 6 week course. We are getting in the session 3 in this week. For schedule and times click on the Live Class button.
    I do think there will be an extra week because they wanted to make sure people followed along with what was shown/discussed.

The course has Nelson as one of the teachers and thus it is more programming oriented. Good quality I may add. It will, based on participation numbers, probably go on with more unity 10x courses and probably 20x.

The class requirements are some minimum programming knowledge (which they also provide for streaming in the form of c# 101) and the unity fundamentals (a bit of it; so as to have basic knowledge of what is where in unity).

In the end, you get access to unity 101 (currently still rolling so you can jump in, watch live, ask the teachers questions, make homework, etc), c# 101, c# 102, c# 103 and plus some other videos and courses at the same base price.

The only impediment for you, atm, is that you won't get a certificate because you missed the first homework. To get a certificate you have to participate at 1/2 of the live classes and submit all of the homeworks for each week on time.
    Last edited by fatgav; 07-16-2012 at 09:06 AM.

So this is the class I've been waiting something like a year and a half for? Okay. Just signed up for a member sponsorship. I didn't know it was a manual process... I hope it gets approved in time to try to catch up on Thursday.

In Unity 101 Nelson is teaching how to create a game using State Machines using C# Interfaces. Definitely great stuff.

However, to get my head wrapped around the info, I had to watch C# 102 lesson 2. Specifically at 46:30 about Interfaces, and then 125:25 about State Machines. It gets into the details at 134:45.

Hi,

thank you for your replies. However, my main concern hasn't really been addressed. Once again, a 2.5D space shooter was created years ago on 3D Buzz (http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/sv_showvideo.php?v=3613), the tutorials are fantastic. And as CreativeHD pointed out, a space shooter is what is created in the current classes.

Is there a syllabus?
    Is it the same game?
    How many videos are planned? Will it be more in depth than the 'old' space shooter?

Unity 101

It has been extended 1 week, so it's a 7 week class.

It's only week 3, but here's what it looks like so far.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unity101.png 
Views:	135 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	73006

I don't have permission to access the first one. If I search Unity 101 in the video search I get here: http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/sv_showvideo.php?v=5800. Seven week course - how many times a week? Average length?

Is there a syllabus? Topics (to be) covered? End product? Difference to old space shooter tutorials?

Sorry guys, don't mean to be rude, but I'll just keep asking. I'm not doing it to annoy you but because I love the old tutorials so much. I simply wish there was an advanced version, a kind of space shooter II, and I still don't know if Unity 101 is that, or not.

@TonioKröger
    Read the part on the intro to unity in the linked post. It answers some questions you might have.

Seven week course - how many times a week? Average length?
    One session per week. Each session is between 2+ and 3+ hours. Plus the tutors will usually stay a bit after the session ends to help those that still have problems with what was covered.

I simply wish there was an advanced version...
    As for the advanced part I do think that you should follow the c# 101 - 103 videos. I think that after watching those you can create a more perfected space fighter -or any other type of game- in unity with ease.

There are some other free videos related to unity (3d person platform) so you can continue with those if you'd like. Also, for more advanced unity tidbits, you can watch the videos related to the ongoing MMO series. They are now available to all member sponsors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast