Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    213

    Monster Mixer - a Unity Kinect game my university group has made

    Hi,

    Over the last couple of weeks, my university group has developed a small Unity game. Its purpose is to train children's phonological awareness and thereby prevent them developing dyslexia later in life.

    Here is a video I made about it:



    We used the Zigfu Unity wrapper to make Kinect work with the Unity engine.
    Last edited by Wikzo; 05-19-2012 at 01:23 PM.

  2. #2
    Good job on the video and game guys. I think at times the video got a little slow due to hanging on certain scenes for too long but other than that I really like the use of camera angles and direction. One example (IMO, which obviously not something you need to take/listen to. ), of the scene lingering too long would be with the team stepped out the elevator and had the rays of light coming from them. I think it would have made a better impact if it would have lasted only a couple of seconds by having them step out and freezing the frame on their "hero" poses. Then you could have played a sound effect , waiting 2 seconds and did a transition. After watching again, I can see you were timing the video with the elevator doors closing? If that was the intent then maybe your transition could have mimicked the doors instead of a traditional fade to black.

    My favorite part was the beginning, I really like how you kept it simple and I think the music lended itself well to to the bits of information being fed to the viewer. Great job guys and hope you continue your product or put it out somewhere for kids to get a hold of it.

    -Dane
    You know you want to!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    213
    Thank you

    I totally agree with some of the shots being too long. It is a result of limited camera footage and some small mistakes here and there. Also, I tried to time things with the music. Generally, a lot of things could be better, but having in mind that I only spent two days on everything (while our group were writing on a report), I think it turned out pretty well.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •