Thread: Mudbox

Mudbox

Hey everyone

I had a quick look around and couldn't find if this had been asked before - are there any plans for a Mudbox class? I'd love to be able to do the Zbrush classes instead, but until they bring out a student version I'll be sticking with Autodesk.

Failing that, what are the good sources for learning Mudbox? I'd prefer videos, but I'll hit the books if needs be.

There are some videos here on Zbrush (both fundamentals and in ADP), and there will probably be a Zbrush class. Compared to ZBrush, Mudbox is fairly simple and intuitive, so I personally don't think the need for Mudbox training is that bad. Plus, I don't think you'll have any problem transferring knowledge from Zbrush, to Mudbox. In the mean time, check out Wayne Robson's free video tutorials on Mudbox.

Awesome! Thanks for that, I'll have a look.

I agree with Metanol, the things you watch Zak doing in Zbrush will help you with your Mudbox sculpting as well. I have Mudbox as well and am mostly using Zbrush nowdays. Nice thing nowdays is that you can watch something being done in one program and do the same thing in your program of choice.
    For me, happiness is learning new things.

Let's not forget that Sculptris is free, too, much like the student version of Mudbox, and I'm pretty sure that would be another idea to learn that, as that would be the free version of Zbrush, more or less. Either way, student version of Mudbox or Sculptris, you can't lose. They're both worth learning.
    PC Specs: Antec 900 ATX Case, Gigabyte 790GX Mobo, AMD Phenom II x4 955, Corsair HX620W PSU, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600, EVGA GTX 680 2GB GDDR5, 3D Vision Kit 2, LG 8x Blu-ray Burner, Intel X25-M SSD, 500GB+640GB WD Caviar Blacks, Win 7 Pro x64, DAS Pro K/B, MX518 Mouse, Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, Toshiba 32TL515U 32" 3DTV, Wacom Bamboo Fun Large Tablet.

Great info guys, thanks