My new tutorial: Making class libraries in C#

After my last tutorial got such a welcome response from this community, I asked everybody what they would like me to do a tutorial on next, and quite a few people suggested that I should do a tutorial that shows how to build a class library, so here it is:

Clicky

As before, I welcome all feedback from learners/experts alike

Your idea is dumb!

@njl - YEP

/me throws rep in a northerly direction...

I found
    my current avatar on google, so props to THIS GUY who created the original...

Perhaps when the time comes for OOP in the C++ 101 class, you should consider writing up one of these for that time, too, for that language.
    PC Specs: Antec 900 ATX Case, Gigabyte 790GX Mobo, AMD Phenom II x4 955, Corsair HX620W PSU, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600, EVGA GTX 680 2GB GDDR5, 3D Vision Kit 2, LG 8x Blu-ray Burner, Intel X25-M SSD, 500GB+640GB WD Caviar Blacks, Win 7 Pro x64, DAS Pro K/B, MX518 Mouse, Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, Toshiba 32TL515U 32" 3DTV, Wacom Bamboo Fun Large Tablet.

Can you dynamically load a C# DLL?

@Segfault

- Some commas and dots missing.
    - Don't start sentences with so. Read the sentence that start with it then skip the so and read again.
    - But what use is that? read it a few times.
    - Show us some code man! read it a few times.
    - What is a class library? What are class libraries?
    - In the next part I will (on page one).
    - one source file for each / a source file for each
    - one page 2 so many simple it makes the reader rather uneasy.
    - Wikipedia has a rather good article on this stuff. Wikipedia has a good article [<-link placed on article] on this cipher [or here].
    - So thats it? / So that's it?

Maybe more but that was just at a glance.

I would suggest writing the article with spell check (maybe a WordPress plugin?) or with Google docs/drive which has that.

Also, I would split them into 2 articles. For example, the first article related to DLL would have the code simple like:

public double Simple_Add(double a, double b)
    {
    return a + b;
    }

public double Segfault_Add(double a, double b)
    {
    double segfaultAdd = Random.NextDouble(); // don't have a ide opened atm so don't know if that is how you'd write this

return a * a + segfaultAdd * a * b + b * b;
    }
    The second article, separated from this, I would call something like Creating the CaeserLib as a class library. In the beginning of that, I would suggest to the reader to go to the article about intro to class libraries if they don't understand the concept. At the end of the intro to class libraries I would also place a link for the Creating the CaeserLib as a class library.

Now, as for the writing part, I get the sense that there was more haste in writing this then on the four ways.

PS: Hope you don't mind the review.

Thanks for the feedback florem, I was kind of tired when I was finishing writing it up. I will go back and take a look at all of the points you mentioned. As for splitting it up into two articles you may be right, but I didn't just want to be like every tutorial for this out there that just gives a pointless example.

Your idea is dumb!

@njl - YEP

Nice tutorial! Does unit testing work for .dll projects or do you have to create a completely separate project and then add the .dll to try it?

You can have multiple projects in one solution. If you right click on your solution, you can add another project. I like to keep my console projects separate from my logic (so I put the logic in a class library). You can add a new project specifically for unit testing into the same solution if you want.

Your idea is dumb!

@njl - YEP

Very clear and useful Segfault, thank you!