Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Limited offer to get Microsoft Skydrive with 25 GB of space

From the site's page:
    *Offer good for active SkyDrive account holders who had at least one file in their account on or before April 21, 2012.

I had an account for it(?) but didn't have files and it still worked for me.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/skydrive/loyalty

In the first paragraph there is the link to the offer.

Lovely find. Thank you.

Nice find. Cheers florem
    My Current WIP: AIRWOLF using Maya

Sweet thanks for the find
    xbox Live: Palador

Wow, this is definitely more than Dropbox gives you. Just hope that Gavin will eventually see this, and think this would be a good one to switch to for C++ 102 and C# 103 or not. Even tho those that have seen this won't get the 25 GB, we'll at least get 7 GB, from what I see, which is 3.5x as big as Dropbox's free account.
    Last edited by WedgeBob; 05-07-2012 at 02:45 PM.
    PC Specs: Antec 900 ATX Case, Gigabyte 790GX Mobo, AMD Phenom II x4 955, Corsair HX620W PSU, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600, EVGA GTX 680 2GB GDDR5, 3D Vision Kit 2, LG 8x Blu-ray Burner, Intel X25-M SSD, 500GB+640GB WD Caviar Blacks, Win 7 Pro x64, DAS Pro K/B, MX518 Mouse, Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, Toshiba 32TL515U 32" 3DTV, Wacom Bamboo Fun Large Tablet.

You can still get the 25 GB apparently, I got mine today Still, it's about the same price for 20 GB extra as a 50 GB dropbox :3

WedgeBob it's not directed towards you specifically, don't get me wrong. I've seen other posts too where people think that 3DBuzz should switch off from Dropbox mainly because of it's limited size compared to other providers. Looks like people tend to think that bigger is better. I'm interested why people make suggestions solely based on the size available.

There is more than enough space available in Dropbox to last through 101, 102, 103, 10x courses C# and C++ combined.

very nice find, thanks for posting, I use my skydrive space for storing my onenote stuff mainly, but i still prefer dropbox..even what it offers for free is a huge huge amount of space that we mostly will never fill up with just simple coding examples and what not.
    Current Dev machine: Intel Core i7 3930K Asus P9X79 Pro, 64 gb DDR3, EVGA GTX 590 3gb, Ultra X3 1000W PSU, ThermoCool Armor Case, 3x Asus 27" LED's, Kingston HyperX 120 gb SSD x2 0,1 Raid ... I like to go fast

Dev Laptop: Macbook Pro 15'' 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, 16GB, 512GB ssd, Nvidia Geforce FT 750m 2GB

Good Bad, don't matter, im the man with the gun.
    Check out my current Shadowrun/Cyberpunk MMO project at http://unnamedmmo.hostzi.com (currently being restructured)

@Tootsx
    I'm interested why people make suggestions solely based on the size available.
    I don't use these services (skydrive, google drive, dropbox etc) very often. For what I get out of it, it would be a matter of comfort having not 2 (dropbox + skydrive/google drive) services but just one that is big for the hw and for any of the files that someone likes to sync and that is not for hw but for other uses.

Do I think that the hw should be done with dropbox? Don't really care.
    However, I wouldn't want the buzz team change the service from dropbox to skydrive to google drive in a bidding manner because this week that service provides more than this service in space size. The only reason I would see a retransition from dropbox to another service would be if they had a easy to use API and would be possible for the buzz team to implement more things on that layer.

Great post. Thanks for the heads up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast