Maya with Zbrush or MudBox or others

I know this is a question that will very from person to person, but from your experience what do would recommend to someone that is starting with sculpt apps to integrate with Maya , Mudbox? Zbrush? others!!!

The Key where is to get the most complete tool that integrates well with Maya to speed up modeling workflows at professional level .

Thank you.

Since Maya/Mudbox 2012 there is seamless integration between the two programs. As for ZBrush I believe there are plugins that can do this. It may actually be built into ZBrush in newer versions. Been a long time I looked into it. I do remember in the ADP Zak very easily moved between ZBrush and Maya.

In my opinion there really isn't an issue and in that case I would be more concerned about which of the two is more comfortable for you to use.
    I have figured out what the internet is. You know what they say about an infinite number of monkeys hitting keys at random on an infinite number of typewriters for an infinite amount of time? Well the internet is like that. There is some big cosmic alien running that experiment here in order to find the answer to some big question or to create the greatest piece of literature known to the universe. From what I have seen so far I am sorry to say they are going to be greatly disappointed.

FWIW, I chose the one with the best training tools available.

Quote Originally Posted by rwilliams23 View Post
    FWIW, I chose the one with the best training tools available.
    and which one is that? No doubt that Zbrush has more content, but Best training?!

JMSPT,
    As far as I can tell, for the beginner it's not so much the tool as the teacher, but everyone learns differently. When I have to learn a difficult, professional skill in which I have little experience, I search out the best teachers I can find who will give me the time of day and then I try to learn everything I can from them, including what tools they use and why. But instruction is a personal thing. Some teachers are good for certain types of students, some are good for other types. I tend to be an autodidact, but when faced with sophisticated software I learn faster with a detailed, enthusiastic teacher. The training here at 3DBuzz is the best online, high-end technical training I've seen. There are other great teachers out there, like at digitaltutors. That's just my take.

Good learn'n! :-)

Nice, thank you all for the input

Having done both Digital Tutors and 3D Buzz you can't beat the enthusiasm of the folks here at 3d Buzz. Every time I hear the intro to the 3ds max fundamentals course it cracks me up. you would think that Zak is going to have an aneurysm from the sheer joy of imparting his knowledge to the rest of the world.

I would agree with rwilliams23, it does depend a lot on your teacher. Personally I love working with teachers like Zak and Jason...that is just me though.