member sponsor questions

Hello helpful community

i was searching for a programming YouTube video tutorial when I bumped into a 3dbuzz video, it was low resolution so I came here to 3dbuzz website to watch the tutorial with a higher resolution, at first I thought it was just another programming tutorial but when I completed a couple of vids I realized they are very good quality tutorials and for free!! that’s rare, not what I expect from youtube… so I said to myself thank you 3dbuzz and decided to look more into the rest of the website and WOOT I hit a goldmine^^ 3dbuzz has lots of the things I was looking for and wanted to learn in one place!! very nice

the tutorials ive seen so far are the Delphi beginners tutorials, they are very good but I want something more deep that takes me beyond the beginner stage(advanced), so I thought to myself I might join that 3dbuzz sponsor program and tap into the more advanced stuff.

but its early; ive been browsing this website for one day so first I have some questions

1. what courses are available when I become a member sponsor?

2. would someone with experience with the sponsor program recommend it? is it worth it to be a member sponsor, i.e. does it provide extra understanding than the free tutorials all around? how good/professional is it?

3. are the tutorial vids in the 3dbuzz sponsor program and the rest of the free ones I havent seen yet as good as the Delphi ones ive seen so far?

4. how does it work? will I be able to just download all the member sponsor tutorials? if so, then whats the point of live and why would I renew my membership?

thanks in advance

Welcome to 3DB! I'm a fairly new member, and sponsorship was highly recommended to me. I decided to go for it, and I'm glad I did. Everything that this site has to offer is very high quality, free or unfree.

As a member sponsor, you'll get access to all of the videos (not all of them are available to the public) plus live sessions. The live sessions are also recorded and stream-able afterwards while you remain a MS.

This is actually a really great time at 3DBuzz, because they're adding more and more live classes to accommodate beginners and more advanced users in more time zones.

All in all, I hate giving people advice on how they should spend their money, so the bottom line is what you want to get out of it. You mentioned Delphi, so I don't know what your goals are. This site is geared mainly towards game development. It is, by far, the best site I have seen for game dev lessons. But, If that doesn't interest you, and you just want to be a Delphi pro, there might be a better place for that.

Hope this helps!

Hi Randominator, welcome to the community!

To answer your questions:
    1) All the courses you see in the live classes will be available, as well as all the videos in the streaming system that are for member sponsors. This also includes the recordings of all the previous live classes up to this date.

2) I personally highly recommend the member sponsor program, it's been well worth it so far, especially now with the live classes program. The quality is very professional and with the live classes, you have the tutors available for you to help explain if there is anything you don't understand. You also get access to all the member sponsor videos, all of whom are of very high quality.

3) Yes, they are just as good as the Delphi ones. One thing 3DBuzz tutors do very well is explain what is going on in a good, clear way while not being mundane about it, that's why I love them. Anyone can explain a concept after some research and trial, few can explain it well, make you really understand it and make you have fun doing it

4) The member sponsor videos are not available for download, mostly because they would then spread out to illegal download sites, making membership, and this site in general, pointless.. and it would mean no money that pays to keep everything running. It only makes sense that they are streaming only.

To become a member sponsor, you go to the store and pick either a monthly, quarterly or annual subscription. After a while, you will get a phone call from Angela to confirm (unless they have changed, been a while since I first became a member sponsor now ), and after that you will have access to all the videos in the streaming system + you will see an "R" behind all the running classes in the "live classes" tab where you can register for any class you want It can take a couple of days before you get the subscription on your 3DBuzz account since they do it manually (just so you don't freak out if you don't have immediate access once you sign up).

All in all, I can only echo Xietep's sentiment. Take some time to check out some of the other free VTMs that are available in the streaming system, or for download (like the blender or unity fundamentals, you find them in the news on the front page), and see if any of the content interests you

the videos are color coded on the left side. A member sponsor has access to all but Red
    there are very few in red.
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

This is true. Another good thing about member sponsorship, is that you can participate and interact with the instructors on various topics through live class webinars, too, which is also very much recommended. Just keep your eyes peeled on how to register for those, and how to join in. Those videos will start you from scratch, and will get more advanced as time rolls along.
    PC Specs: Antec 900 ATX Case, Gigabyte 790GX Mobo, AMD Phenom II x4 955, Corsair HX620W PSU, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600, EVGA GTX 680 2GB GDDR5, 3D Vision Kit 2, LG 8x Blu-ray Burner, Intel X25-M SSD, 500GB+640GB WD Caviar Blacks, Win 7 Pro x64, DAS Pro K/B, MX518 Mouse, Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, Toshiba 32TL515U 32" 3DTV, Wacom Bamboo Fun Large Tablet.

wow thanks all for replies,

it sounds very good, now I feel comfortable being a BMS

All in all, I hate giving people advice on how they should spend their money, so the bottom line is what you want to get out of it. You mentioned Delphi, so I don't know what your goals are. This site is geared mainly towards game development. It is, by far, the best site I have seen for game dev lessons. But, If that doesn't interest you, and you just want to be a Delphi pro, there might be a better place for that.
    a quick glance at 3dbuzz's content and it appears that im leaning towards learning up to 70% of it! especially games development, ive been wanting to do that for years but never got around how/where to start, so yeah MS it is

the videos are color coded on the left side. A member sponsor has access to all but Red
    there are very few in red.
    ermmm..why no red access?

All in all, I can only echo Xietep's sentiment. Take some time to check out some of the other free VTMs that are available in the streaming system, or for download (like the blender or unity fundamentals, you find them in the news on the front page), and see if any of the content interests you
    yep, I should do that, a week max, enough time to dive deep into the forums and devour all the VT's im interested in.

thanks again guys.

im very excited and eager to start

Its definitely worth being a member sponsor, these guys at 3DBuzz are amazing and work extremely hard to make excellent content.

As for the red videos, I think they have a couple that were done by an outside person(s) or in collaboration with outside person(s) and there isn't a way to give them their royalties from the member sponsorship money, so you would have to buy the videos so the people get their cut.
    CodeGuru: DLL Tutorial For Beginners by me. Rated 4 1/2 out of 5.

Totally go for it, Don't feel like you are committed once you purchase your sponsorship, I have canceled and restarted up a few times depending on my things that came up in RL. But overall 3dBuzz has the best content, and even more important is that they are continually updating their videos and their site. So if you do join Welcome to the 3D Buzz Member Sponsor Family