Book recommendation

I don't normally do this... in fact I have never recommended a book before but I really liked this one. It was a fun read and I think this community might like it too.

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.
    It's the year 2044, and the real world has become an ugly place. We're out of oil. We've wrecked the climate. Famine, poverty, and disease are widespread. Like most of humanity, Wade Watts escapes this depressing reality by spending his waking hours jacked into the OASIS, a sprawling virtual utopia where you can be anything you want to be, where you can live and play and fall in love on any of ten thousand planets. And like most of humanity, Wade is obsessed by the ultimate lottery ticket that lies concealed within this alternate reality: OASIS founder James Halliday, who dies with no heir, has promised that control of the OASIS - and his massive fortune - will go to the person who can solve the riddles he has left scattered throughout his creation. For years, millions have struggled fruitlessly to attain this prize, knowing only that the riddles are based in the culture of the late twentieth century. And then Wade stumbles onto the key to the first puzzle. Suddenly, he finds himself pitted against thousands of competitors in a desperate race to claim the ultimate prize, a chase that soon takes on terrifying real-world dimensions - and that will leave both Wade and his world profoundly changed.
    If you opt for the audio book it's read by Will Weaton! Has anybody else read this book?

it does sound like an interesting book. I just may have to check out the audiobook of it. I get my books in while driving to work
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

Experience Points recorded a podcast where they discussed the book:
    http://www.experiencepoints.net/2012...layer-one.html

i will be checking out the audio book, thanks for the link/description on this book
    PSN : VenticalLamma (no ps3 at the moment) | Xbox live : Dj Whip It Out | Steam ID : undead_killa

Sgt.Matt Baker: You really get to know a man if you get to watch him die, that moment right before he realizes its over, that moment his face reflects every decision he's ever made, what kind of life he led and if he regrets it

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

I just finished the audio book and have to say it was a good book. I grew up in the 80's so you could say it brought back a few memorys
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

Ha ha, elevating liked it enough to suggest it to me in IRC the other day.
    -Mr. 3d