Looking for some guidance learning C#

Hello,
    I just finished the Hyperion project tutorial on this site and it was fantastic. It gave me a good understanding of some core concepts in C# however now I am a bit lost. What would be the best set of classes to "take" next? Mainly I am trying to learn more about the fundamentals of C# and get a better understanding of more complex things.
    The C# 101 classes seem like a good direction however the first class was a bit too basic, do these classes pick up at session 2?
    To give you an idea of what my end goal is, I recently started a new job writing functional tests for web services and I just want to become a better programmer.

Thank you for your time, and I am really happy to have found this site.
    Last edited by Gadgetron; 04-26-2012 at 02:57 PM.

Week 2 of C#102 is in 30 minutes. I'd recommend stopping by or checking out the video

Welcome!! You can either continue with the cannon series and then on to XNA 101 volume 2 and 3, or the live sessions are all recorded and you can skim through the C# 101 until you get to a place that is more where your skills are right now or start up with C# 102 which is going on now. The XNA videos are really good and you learn a LOT through them. Browse through the subjects and you can see which each video will cover. The live classes are a little bit more up to date, but a little bit different style. The nice thing about the live classes is that you can ask questions both to Nelson and Jason, and also to buzznet where there are a lot of helpful people.

Good luck!!

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetron View Post
    Hello,
    I just finished the Hyperion project tutorial on this site and it was fantastic. It gave me a good understanding of some core concepts in C# however now I am a bit lost. What would be the best set of classes to "take" next? Mainly I am trying to learn more about the fundamentals of C# and get a better understanding of more complex things.
    The C# 101 classes seem like a good direction however the first class was a bit too basic, do these classes pick up at session 2?
    To give you an idea of what my end goal is, I recently started a new job writing functional tests for web services and I just want to become a better programmer.

Thank you for your time, and I am really happy to have found this site.
    I would refer to the C# 101 live class videos first and then join in on the C# 102 live classes. From what I understand, these classes will be ongoing(ie. 201, 301, etc) and if you keep up with them, you will learn quite a bit, especially being able to ask questions in a live format.
    If you could change the past, would it change for the better or would it be an alternative to the present?

Thank you all very much for the advice.