I'm trying to go through these unity camera videos, and am now completely stuck.

I was on the section on jumping, which I didn't get to work, so I tried to debug and it blew away my scene somehow.

I had to rebuild everything and now just regular movement doesn't work. If I go backwards, it works great. Side to side works great. Forward goes SO SLOW! And adjusting the movespeed doesn't do anything to it. If I set the movespeed to 1, all directions go the same speed. Problem #2 is that if I press forward and to the right(with gravity turned off), my guy starts floating into the air.

I thought maybe the rotation of the character was off, which was causing him to float off in 1 direction and go slow in another direction, but the rotation is 0'd out.

So my final idea is that MoveVector isn't getting set correctly. I'm doing what the video says:
Code:
TP_Motor.Instance.MoveVector = Vector3.zero;

if (Input.GetAxis ("Vertical") > deadZone || Input.GetAxis ("Vertical") < -deadZone)
	TP_Motor.Instance.MoveVector += new Vector3(0, 0, Input.GetAxis("Vertical"));
if (Input.GetAxis ("Horizontal") > deadZone || Input.GetAxis ("Horizontal") < -deadZone)
	TP_Motor.Instance.MoveVector += new Vector3(Input.GetAxis("Horizontal"), 0, 0);
anyone have any idea on what I should check?