Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A good AutoCAD class?

So I need to be learning AutoCAD, and probably Autodesk Inventor. Tried playing with them a bit. managed to make a box and do some stuff with it. Mostly though I'm just a little lost in there and, not as proficient with it as I'd like to be.

So I was just wondering if anyone knew of any good AutoCAD online tutorials or coursework I could follow to become some kind of AutoCAD master.

Bummer 3dbuzz doesn't have AutoCAD stuff :\

if I recall right I believe VTC.com had some AutoCad tutorials you can watch online. been awhile since I have been there so it may have changed
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

Yeah, they still got 'em. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by elevating View Post
    if I recall right I believe VTC.com had some AutoCad tutorials you can watch online. been awhile since I have been there so it may have changed
    How dare you recommend a website that isn't 3DBuzz! How do I report this post?

Well, had 3D Buzz done CAD videos, then maybe he wouldn't be recommending another site that DOES have videos based on that.
    PC Specs: Antec 900 ATX Case, Gigabyte 790GX Mobo, AMD Phenom II x4 955, Corsair HX620W PSU, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600, EVGA GTX 680 2GB GDDR5, 3D Vision Kit 2, LG 8x Blu-ray Burner, Intel X25-M SSD, 500GB+640GB WD Caviar Blacks, Win 7 Pro x64, DAS Pro K/B, MX518 Mouse, Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, Toshiba 32TL515U 32" 3DTV, Wacom Bamboo Fun Large Tablet.

Here's a link to some free CAD tutorials. I used these tutorials before I took my CAD evening course in the Fall. They helped me prepare a lot for my course. I hope the link works.

http://www.we-r-here.com/cad/tutorials/level_1/1-1.htm

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Streeter View Post
    How dare you recommend a website that isn't 3DBuzz! How do I report this post?
    lol if anything I have strengthened this site. That site can not even compare to 3DBuzz.

but if you like reports are at the bottom . I won't mind if you miss click and hit the one to the left
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

Depending upon the reason for this post, I would recommend you focus more on Inventor, than on AutoCAD.

AutoCAD is a dieing CAD package and many users have already shifted over to something like SolidWorks, or Inventor for their CAD needs. Yeah, a lot of companies still have AutoCAD, but its used less and less each year in a production environment. Some industries use it more than others - its still decently big in the arch world, but less so in the manufacturing world.

But having said all that, if you still need to learn AutoCAD, I would suggest you forsake all the icons and menus and learn the software from the command line - every command is available from just a few key presses away.

I don't have any specific tutorials to suggest (try YouTube though), but having used the package ever since the DOS days, feel free to post up any questions that you might have with it.
    Last edited by ~Hazdaz~; 04-15-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Hazdaz~ View Post
    Depending upon the reason for this post, I would recommend you focus more on Inventor, than on AutoCAD.

AutoCAD is a dieing CAD package and many users have already shifted over to something like SolidWorks, or Inventor for their CAD needs.
    I am actually planning on learning Inventor too! If only 3dbuzz would dabble in that software a bit.

Anyway, I'm learning AutoCAD for architecture purposes. But, are you saying that something like, Inventor can do all the CAD work that AutoCAD can do? Or something else?

Have you considered downloading this? It is based on Inventor, and at least it's free:
    http://www.123dapp.com/123d

I'm sure you'll find tutorials on this, too. Look through YouTube, and I'm pretty sure you'll find just the right ways of getting through this.
    Last edited by WedgeBob; 04-15-2012 at 06:31 PM.
    PC Specs: Antec 900 ATX Case, Gigabyte 790GX Mobo, AMD Phenom II x4 955, Corsair HX620W PSU, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600, EVGA GTX 680 2GB GDDR5, 3D Vision Kit 2, LG 8x Blu-ray Burner, Intel X25-M SSD, 500GB+640GB WD Caviar Blacks, Win 7 Pro x64, DAS Pro K/B, MX518 Mouse, Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, Toshiba 32TL515U 32" 3DTV, Wacom Bamboo Fun Large Tablet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast