Thread: Amount

Amount

I'm sorry.

I'm watching the tutorials for Precision and the one guy keeps spelling it "ammount". He continuously leaves off the n, however. Finally, the other guy chimes in on that and says during the phase in which he was planning and writing things down, he kept leaving off one of the m's.

It's spelled "amount". There is no second m.

It's driving me absolutely freaking nuts through all the tutorials I've watched and finally I have to say something.

Aside from that - great tutorials so far. Although, I'm wondering if they have any updates for 4.0. Some of the things they do I have to fix a little because there have been some obvious changes that come up as they're writing the code.

They only do it to see if you are awake :P

Really great videos, nontheless. You shouldn't have big problems with using later versions of XNA, since pretty much of it is the same (except for handling assets such as graphics). If you get stuck, just try searching in here; people have already asked about certain differences between old and new XNA versions

if I recall they later realize they were misspelling amount.
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

Seriously I couldn't care less if Logan spelled it Elephant instead of Amount.

Yeah, that's a huge difference between spelling those two.
    PC Specs: Antec 900 ATX Case, Gigabyte 790GX Mobo, AMD Phenom II x4 955, Corsair HX620W PSU, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600, EVGA GTX 680 2GB GDDR5, 3D Vision Kit 2, LG 8x Blu-ray Burner, Intel X25-M SSD, 500GB+640GB WD Caviar Blacks, Win 7 Pro x64, DAS Pro K/B, MX518 Mouse, Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, Toshiba 32TL515U 32" 3DTV, Wacom Bamboo Fun Large Tablet.

I watched some random tutorial series on youtube where the guy writes "tuna" instead of any variable name.

Logically it should be: int number = 5; Not in his series... It's int tuna = 5;
    The programs had nothing to do with tuna, btw. He just thought it was funny.

But anyway, it doesn't really matter how it's spelled as long as you get the concepts. At least it's a consistent error right?

And programmers are notorious for poor spelling anyway. =)

Ah! A potential deputy have I found, mm...

[/yoda]

I found
    my current avatar on google, so props to THIS GUY who created the original...

Quote Originally Posted by mandismash View Post
    I watched some random tutorial series on youtube where the guy writes "tuna" instead of any variable name.

Logically it should be: int number = 5; Not in his series... It's int tuna = 5;
    The programs had nothing to do with tuna, btw. He just thought it was funny.

But anyway, it doesn't really matter how it's spelled as long as you get the concepts. At least it's a consistent error right?

And programmers are notorious for poor spelling anyway. =)
    TheNewBoston AKA Bucky, correct?

But yeah, it doesn't really matter - as long as the point comes across. It was just starting to drive me nuts so I had to drop by and just let them know For some reason it calmed me down a bit and then I was able to continue on with the tutorial.

My father is a Grammar Nazi - so that may have something to do with it.

Haha, yep, it was Bucky!

I understand - getting it off your chest is important.