Kismet Subsequence Problem

I was following along with creating the lifts and got the first move sequence to work. I copied the lift and started working on the second lift when Zak showed us how to create a subsequence and name it (UpperLift). I didn't select everything and ended up with a subsequence that only had a few of the nodes and couldn't figure out how to undo it, Ctrl+Z apparently isn't an option. I also searched the UDN and found that you could only delete a sequence by selecting it and hitting the delete key. I find that very bassackwards, since now you have to recreate every node and connection that was in that subsequence instead of just undoing the sequence and having everything go back to the way it was before with the nodes and connections not being a named sequence.

So now since it was deleted I decided to just delete the entire sequence select the lift again and start over, the lift now is no longer interp actor 0 when I select it, it's now interp actor 2 when it used to be interp actor 0. I thought the interp actors only updated when you created a new one or a copy of another one, like when we copied the lift inside kismet it was now interp actor 1.

Anyway, since it was now interp actor 2, I said well I'll just delete both lifts and start over from the beginning (I'm glad this wasn't an intricate sequence). I created a new lift and went to start a new kismet sequence and it's now interp actor 3!!! What gives? I deleted both lifts and kismet sequences and there's now only one interp actor in the scene shouldn't it be 0 again? Maybe it would be better if I could provide my own interp actor naming convention, if that's possible.

So in short my 2 main issues are not being able to undo subsequences without having to start the entire sequence over and the iterp actors naming problem.

Thanks,
    Kwest.
    " Imagination is the preview of life's coming attractions " - Albert Einstein
    " If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

My Website: http://www.gamedevlounge.com/

If any post is informative please provide positive feedback by clicking the star below.

UDK has an internal count for actors per instance of programming running, so it will count up every time you add an instance of an actor, it will only go backfill and missing spaces once the level has been saved and the program has been restarted. So if you created 6 InterpActors, removed all but InterpActor_5, saved, restarted, opened up the level and added a new InterpActor it will come up as InterpActor_0 (since it's a 0 based index)

Thing is, once actors have been created their name will not change. InterpActor_0 and InterpActor_1 exist completely separably from one another, have no knowledge of each other, and won't change which actor they are referencing.

One thing kismet won't always do is automatically remove a kismet actor reference if the actor is removed from the level. If you're not sure what kismet object is referencing which actor, double click on it; the viewport will warp over to it, and select it. If nothing happens when you double click then it's probably because it no longer exists in the level.

As for sequence's; you can open up the sequence, select everything, copy, drop back to the main view and paste the nodes back, then remove the sequence.

Okay, thanks Nato. I still don't think the way they handle the naming for the actors is the best but I can live with it as long as I understand it.
    " Imagination is the preview of life's coming attractions " - Albert Einstein
    " If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

My Website: http://www.gamedevlounge.com/

If any post is informative please provide positive feedback by clicking the star below.

If you accidentally forget to include something in a subsequence, there's no need to delete everything and start over. You can just cut and paste from the main sequence (or other subsequence) into the one you want. The worst that will happen is you'll need to reconnect a few things.

Also, be careful copy/pasting subsequences. Unreal does some weird things with actor references sometimes.