Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

My Blender 101 final

No matter how many times I view it - it's bad... lessons to learn and more practice to follow... still cool anyway

Last edited by jzbosco; 04-13-2012 at 02:12 PM.
    "Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly."
    Dalai Lama

Blender Shortcut Keys, Blender 101 - 2.62 and 2.63 BMesh

It's not too bad for a first shot. Thinking in terms of frames vs. real time can be tough.

Some things that might help:
    Try practicing the parts of the animation that you don't feel right about physically. If you can feel the motion that you want to see, it should give you a better idea of how it should be laid out.

Grab a bottle / can / tube-like object and hold it. You don't really have to jump but kinda pump your feet as if you were trying to hop with only the motion of your feet moving. Just get the feeling of how the object in your hand is moving in relation to your body.

With the same object, practice swinging it like a bat. It's the same motion as swinging a golf club, just at a different angle.

It does look kind of awkward how the character apparently deflates at the end though, lol. You might want to at least turn him in the direction that the ball flew so it looks like he's depressed about where it went (right now it looks like he's depressed that he swung).

Pfft, that's not as bad as mine. Lemme see if I can get mine on YT...

Yeah, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTFyR...ature=youtu.be
    PC Specs: Antec 900 ATX Case, Gigabyte 790GX Mobo, AMD Phenom II x4 955, Corsair HX620W PSU, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600, EVGA GTX 680 2GB GDDR5, 3D Vision Kit 2, LG 8x Blu-ray Burner, Intel X25-M SSD, 500GB+640GB WD Caviar Blacks, Win 7 Pro x64, DAS Pro K/B, MX518 Mouse, Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, Toshiba 32TL515U 32" 3DTV, Wacom Bamboo Fun Large Tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by Haledire View Post
    It's not too bad for a first shot. Thinking in terms of frames vs. real time can be tough...
    Try practicing the parts of the animation that you don't feel right about physically... It does look kind of awkward how the character apparently deflates at the end though, lol...
    Yep, pretty-bad I have a hard time working a stop-watch... lol I tried

Quote Originally Posted by WedgeBob View Post
    Pfft, that's not as bad as mine...
    Give all of us another week and we'll be rocking! ok, maybe a little longer.
    Dalai Lama

Here is my final render for the class. Not happy with it, could use lots of tweaking, but time was short.

https://vimeo.com/40363431

You did a good job on it; the bounces, the settling before the swing and even the swing aren't bad at all. Good job.
    Dalai Lama

These look great. Here is mine. Like everyone else I can see things that need some improvement.

http://vimeo.com/40385029

Looks very cool
    Here is mine, which I've done only through home work submission, so after submission, no tweaking or whatsoever...
    http://vimeo.com/40378359

Of course, the a huge hall for improvement .
    Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art.
    Tom Stoppard

It's all good. I see good areas in other's animations where I can now see in mine some things that can be improved on. Thanks for posting your finals, they are a lot of help.
    Dalai Lama

Yeah. The problems with mine were the fact that I was afraid that if I tweaked the grass, it would bury my character, club, and the ball and tee, and the other problem was that the sky backdrop came along for the ride on the end of the downswing or follow through, or whatever. That that was LOL, but...not what Zak or Gavin were looking for, obviously.
    PC Specs: Antec 900 ATX Case, Gigabyte 790GX Mobo, AMD Phenom II x4 955, Corsair HX620W PSU, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600, EVGA GTX 680 2GB GDDR5, 3D Vision Kit 2, LG 8x Blu-ray Burner, Intel X25-M SSD, 500GB+640GB WD Caviar Blacks, Win 7 Pro x64, DAS Pro K/B, MX518 Mouse, Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, Toshiba 32TL515U 32" 3DTV, Wacom Bamboo Fun Large Tablet.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast