Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Crytek to announce 'spectacular' console/PC project in April

Speaking in a GDC interview last week, Crytek's GM of games, Nick Button-Brown teased that the soon-to-be-announced game will be unveiled in April and is "the best of that kind of project we've ever done."The confession came after the developer decided to focus on free-to-play and its first mobile game at the San Francisco event.
    A new Crysis? Could be very cool. I actually really enjoyed Crysis 2.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ject-in-april/

Not sure. I actually do like the Crysis franchise, and I think that something like that should be a good idea. However, Crytek could lean towards a whole different franchise altogether for a mobile platform. Let's see what happens later on. Although the "free-to-play" bit means that they could be looking at making some sort of MMO, too, so that could go either way.
    Last edited by WedgeBob; 03-12-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    PC Specs: Antec 900 ATX Case, Gigabyte 790GX Mobo, AMD Phenom II x4 955, Corsair HX620W PSU, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600, EVGA GTX 680 2GB GDDR5, 3D Vision Kit 2, LG 8x Blu-ray Burner, Intel X25-M SSD, 500GB+640GB WD Caviar Blacks, Win 7 Pro x64, DAS Pro K/B, MX518 Mouse, Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, Toshiba 32TL515U 32" 3DTV, Wacom Bamboo Fun Large Tablet.

Good luck to them.

I prefer to pay for my games and get 100% of content from it sadly.
    Blog

insert witty comment here

a new MMO using Crytek technology? I think that would be a rude awakening to the 15 year olds using dad's old laptop to play WOW @ 15fps. I'm interested, but i'll probably forget about it before April
    Dangerous. Mute. Lunatic.
    <Toastage>: and you're like "Ey Joe it is Smismar, I am belgium, ishn't that veird. Fix mai internetz or I cut you yehs?"

@3dspider: I was just thinking that seeing the words "free to play" that just sparked the idea that it could be an MMO, not saying that would be definite. Although, also during April, that's when nVidia launches their new GPUs (if this latest launch date was confirmed), so I'm pretty sure that new graphics technology may be used to power the demo of this game...hopefully.
    Last edited by WedgeBob; 03-13-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    PC Specs: Antec 900 ATX Case, Gigabyte 790GX Mobo, AMD Phenom II x4 955, Corsair HX620W PSU, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600, EVGA GTX 680 2GB GDDR5, 3D Vision Kit 2, LG 8x Blu-ray Burner, Intel X25-M SSD, 500GB+640GB WD Caviar Blacks, Win 7 Pro x64, DAS Pro K/B, MX518 Mouse, Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, Toshiba 32TL515U 32" 3DTV, Wacom Bamboo Fun Large Tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by WedgeBob View Post
    @3dspider: I was just thinking that seeing the words "free to play" that just sparked the idea that it could be an MMO, not saying that would be definite. Although, also during April, that's when nVidia launches their new GPUs (if this latest launch date was confirmed), so I'm pretty sure that new graphics technology may be used to power the demo of this game...hopefully.
    And what technology might that be? You don't make a game for one (unreleased) series of video cards.
    <NelsonLaQuet1> isnt denmar rambow and sunshine happy land?

LOL. That would be nVidia's "Kepler", dobe. And iirc, back at GDC, I remember seeing that Epic demoed Samaritan on those GPUs, so why wouldn't Crytek try the same with whatever they're coming up with?

Actually Aion which is an mmo uses the CryEngine, though from looking at it you wouldn't know it. Most of the "pretty" graphics seemed to be PR videos and screenshots. When I got into the game it looked less than "spectacular" at full settings.

There's a growing number of f2p fps games built from the ground up(not converted like TF2), such as Tribes:Ascend, Combat Arms, Blacklight:Retribution, Battlefield Free4All. I'd imagine the upcoming Counterstrike: Global Offensive will be f2p as Valve I believe has stated they're working on a f2p game. Also you have Dust 514 being f2p. In addition you have MechWarrior Online and Hawken both launching as f2p. MWO has stated they're looking to make it similar to the League of Legends model, which I rather like.

Darrellenior Guest
    There are an increasing number of F2P FPS from planting (unconverted as TF2) constructed as Tribes: Ascend, Combat Arms, Black Light: Retribution, Battlefield free4all. I think the next blow: Offensive will be F2P world, I think Valve has said they are working on a F2P game. You also have the dust is 514 F2P. You can also online and MechWarrior Hawken both the introduction of F2P. MWO said, the model with the League of Legends, which I prefer to look like.

Aion uses cryengine 1. Anyway, I'm always interested in what Crytek come up with because their technology, like Epic's, is very impressive.
    I'm so negative, like an electron.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast